DanPat

Default Does this count as a "gloat"?

Tell me I did good. I just bought a 7 yr old General 26020 w/2hp motor. 20"
swing, 24" over gap. 38" between centers. This lathe has been used maybe 3
hrs in that time. Included in the deal were of course faceplates, an extra
banjo w/4" rest (standard 12" rest also). A Oneway Stronghold chuck
w/spigot, #'s2,3,&4 jaws. A Glaser 5/8 shallow gouge. A set of Hamlet
ASP2060 chisels including 1/4, 3/8, &1/2 bowl gouges, a cpl of
scrapers,parting tool. Also a set of HF chisels & a set of 5 Two Cherry's
carving gouges. All this for $1500.00

Barry N. Turner

You really ought to go put a few bucks in the poor box at church. While
you're at it, go ahead and turn yourself in to the local Sheriff. I'm sure
he's looking for you......................:-) Barry

"DanPat" wrote in message
.. .
Tell me I did good. I just bought a 7 yr old General 26020 w/2hp motor.

20"
swing, 24" over gap. 38" between centers. This lathe has been used maybe 3
hrs in that time. Included in the deal were of course faceplates, an

extra
banjo w/4" rest (standard 12" rest also). A Oneway Stronghold chuck
w/spigot, #'s2,3,&4 jaws. A Glaser 5/8 shallow gouge. A set of Hamlet
ASP2060 chisels including 1/4, 3/8, &1/2 bowl gouges, a cpl of
scrapers,parting tool. Also a set of HF chisels & a set of 5 Two Cherry's
carving gouges. All this for $1500.00

Brian Combs

No, I am afraid it is not a gloat. The proper course in this case is to
send it all to me to take care of so you can find another situation that is
really a gloat. ;-)

Brian

Maxprop

"DanPat" wrote in message

Tell me I did good. I just bought a 7 yr old General 26020 w/2hp motor.

20"
swing, 24" over gap. 38" between centers. This lathe has been used maybe 3
hrs in that time. Included in the deal were of course faceplates, an

extra
banjo w/4" rest (standard 12" rest also). A Oneway Stronghold chuck
w/spigot, #'s2,3,&4 jaws. A Glaser 5/8 shallow gouge. A set of Hamlet
ASP2060 chisels including 1/4, 3/8, &1/2 bowl gouges, a cpl of
scrapers,parting tool. Also a set of HF chisels & a set of 5 Two Cherry's
carving gouges. All this for $1500.00

Yup. That would be a bona fide gloat.

Nice going.

Jealous Max

Silvan

DanPat wrote:

scrapers,parting tool. Also a set of HF chisels & a set of 5 Two Cherry's
carving gouges. All this for $1500.00

I wouldn't have gone a penny over $1499.99 myself, and would have had to
walk away from that on general principles.

(BTW, you suck!)

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Alan McClure

Not only is that a Class A gloat, it's a force 5 Neener to boot!

Verily, ye suck, greatly!

ARM ;-)

James E Gaydos

"DanPat" wrote in message ...
Tell me I did good. I just bought a 7 yr old General 26020 w/2hp motor. 20"
swing, 24" over gap. 38" between centers. This lathe has been used maybe 3
hrs in that time. Included in the deal were of course faceplates, an extra
banjo w/4" rest (standard 12" rest also). A Oneway Stronghold chuck
w/spigot, #'s2,3,&4 jaws. A Glaser 5/8 shallow gouge. A set of Hamlet
ASP2060 chisels including 1/4, 3/8, &1/2 bowl gouges, a cpl of
scrapers,parting tool. Also a set of HF chisels & a set of 5 Two Cherry's
carving gouges. All this for $1500.00

Did you really have to ask ? I'd be SCREEMIN'and DANCIN'
Good deal :)

gloat gloat gloat (sort of) Silvan Woodworking 23 February 28th 04 06:18 AM
OT gloat =) possibly my lifetime gloat???? crk133 Woodworking 11 January 16th 04 11:50 PM
Gloat contest Knothead Woodworking 14 January 12th 04 12:33 AM
SWMBO Gloat (and some questions) Ehvee8or Woodworking 10 December 7th 03 01:14 PM
Gloat, gloat, gloat Joe C Woodworking 10 October 24th 03 12:24 AM