DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Does this count as a "gloat"? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/35322-does-count-%22gloat%22.html)

DanPat March 5th 04 12:42 AM

Does this count as a "gloat"?

Tell me I did good. I just bought a 7 yr old General 26020 w/2hp motor. 20"
swing, 24" over gap. 38" between centers. This lathe has been used maybe 3
hrs in that time. Included in the deal were of course faceplates, an extra
banjo w/4" rest (standard 12" rest also). A Oneway Stronghold chuck
w/spigot, #'s2,3,&4 jaws. A Glaser 5/8 shallow gouge. A set of Hamlet
ASP2060 chisels including 1/4, 3/8, &1/2 bowl gouges, a cpl of
scrapers,parting tool. Also a set of HF chisels & a set of 5 Two Cherry's
carving gouges. All this for $1500.00

Barry N. Turner March 5th 04 02:31 AM

Does this count as a "gloat"?

You really ought to go put a few bucks in the poor box at church. While
you're at it, go ahead and turn yourself in to the local Sheriff. I'm sure
he's looking for you......................:-) Barry

.. .

Brian Combs March 5th 04 02:49 AM

Does this count as a "gloat"?

No, I am afraid it is not a gloat. The proper course in this case is to
send it all to me to take care of so you can find another situation that is
really a gloat. ;-)

Brian

Ricc Havens March 5th 04 02:53 AM

Does this count as a "gloat"?

You suck!!!! :):):):)

If you feel real guilty about it i will take it off your hands

Ricc Havens

.. .

Maxprop March 5th 04 05:04 AM

Does this count as a "gloat"?

"DanPat" wrote in message

Tell me I did good. I just bought a 7 yr old General 26020 w/2hp motor.

20"
swing, 24" over gap. 38" between centers. This lathe has been used maybe 3
hrs in that time. Included in the deal were of course faceplates, an

extra
banjo w/4" rest (standard 12" rest also). A Oneway Stronghold chuck
w/spigot, #'s2,3,&4 jaws. A Glaser 5/8 shallow gouge. A set of Hamlet
ASP2060 chisels including 1/4, 3/8, &1/2 bowl gouges, a cpl of
scrapers,parting tool. Also a set of HF chisels & a set of 5 Two Cherry's
carving gouges. All this for $1500.00

Yup. That would be a bona fide gloat.

Nice going.

Jealous Max

Silvan March 5th 04 12:44 PM

Does this count as a "gloat"?

DanPat wrote:

scrapers,parting tool. Also a set of HF chisels & a set of 5 Two Cherry's
carving gouges. All this for $1500.00

I wouldn't have gone a penny over $1499.99 myself, and would have had to
walk away from that on general principles.

(BTW, you suck!)

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Alan McClure March 5th 04 11:50 PM

Does this count as a "gloat"?

Not only is that a Class A gloat, it's a force 5 Neener to boot!

Verily, ye suck, greatly!

ARM ;-)

James E Gaydos March 5th 04 11:54 PM

Does this count as a "gloat"?

"DanPat" wrote in message ...
Tell me I did good. I just bought a 7 yr old General 26020 w/2hp motor. 20"
swing, 24" over gap. 38" between centers. This lathe has been used maybe 3
hrs in that time. Included in the deal were of course faceplates, an extra
banjo w/4" rest (standard 12" rest also). A Oneway Stronghold chuck
w/spigot, #'s2,3,&4 jaws. A Glaser 5/8 shallow gouge. A set of Hamlet
ASP2060 chisels including 1/4, 3/8, &1/2 bowl gouges, a cpl of
scrapers,parting tool. Also a set of HF chisels & a set of 5 Two Cherry's
carving gouges. All this for $1500.00

Did you really have to ask ? I'd be SCREEMIN'and DANCIN'
Good deal :)