Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Darren

Default Brand of tools?

I am looking at buying some extra lathe tools (bowl gouges etc) and I was
wondering what brands people go with? I see some have had problems with
Marples (some say they are good), but other than that, I haven't seen many
posts on the brands of tools. I figure the two things of interest would be
how long they hold an edge and overall "quality" of the handle (how it
feels, balance, sturdiness etc).

Currently, I just have a "starter" type set so I don't really have much to
compare it to so I would appreciate any opinions or suggestions.

Thanks
Darren

Update on Jesada Tools situation Seeker Woodworking 6 July 28th 04 11:22 AM
drive pin on R8 collets Charles A. Sherwood Metalworking 50 July 9th 04 05:41 AM
Proto Tools Rose Woodworking 2 May 17th 04 06:52 PM
A thought on the bi weekly "what tools do I need" Mike G Woodworking 4 April 18th 04 10:18 PM
rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 4 of 10 - Sources for Tools & Materials Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 0 April 1st 04 09:16 AM