George

Default Brand of tools?

One way of learning how to use (or abuse) a tool. I've still got my "came
with" set of carbon steel tools, and I use them more than several one trick
ponies on the rack that I probably would not have bought if I knew their
limitations - mostly scrapers.

Have at it. Bad tools will slow your development a lot less than a bad
lathe.

"Darren" wrote in message
Wow an 8 piece set for $30
(http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=47066).
That just doesn't seem right ... too good to be true type thing. I am
seeing other sets that are at least $75 and am seeing a single tool that

is
selling for $75.

Are they really any good? Not to sound disrespectful, but is this just

the
"company line" to get me to buy tools at Harbor Freight? To be honest, I

am
thinking of getting these and just replacing individual ones if there

seems
to be a better one out there.