AHilton

Default Brand of tools?

I think it's a good set too. As for a bowl gouge (I prefer "deep-fluted
gouge"), I'm glad that they don't include it in that set. That's one tool
that I think really demands a quality tool. It often hangs out there quite
a ways and gets a lot of stress that a skew, for instance, just doesn't (or
shouldn't g) get. I'd be hesitant to recommend the set if it did include
a bowl gouge, in fact. I feel safer and just plain get better results with
quality bowl gouges with quality steel and manufacturing. I tend to abuse
my shallow-fluted gouges but they don't get near the stress that the
deep-fluted ones get.

- Andrew

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Darren
The general consensus of the group is that this is a good beginner's set
and well worth the money. On the other hand it does not have a bowl
gouge and a decent bowl gouge can set you back a few dollars. You might
like to try an Oland tool which is all I use for bowls. Instruction on
making them are on my web site under making a tool.