Ray Sandusky

Default Christmas Tool Gloats?

I am sure that most of you have been feverishly dropping hints like Ralphie
from "A Christmas Story" (Red Rider BB Gun) on the various load of tools you
are wishing for from Santa. Well, if you are like me, you spent the last
waking hour of everyday in November checking the specs, prices and source
for each of the desired toys you are hoping to get.

Here it is 9:45 PM on Christmas Eve - the gifts are wrapped, a barbed wire
fence encircles the gift pile at the base of the future turning stock, which
is currently called a Christmas tree, and my wife is avoiding eye contact
.... she thinks that will keep her from giving anything away before tomorrow
at 5:45 AM!

So, I am going to bed, and maybe to sleep with visions of Sugar Maples and
Scroll Chucks dancing in my head. Oh Boy - I cant wait I can't wait!!!!

Not really - I bet this is how most of you all were today. To me this is
old hat - after 4 years of being showered with the greatest in tools,
Woodcraft gift certificates and the like, I no longer get excited - - yea
right!

So, I want to hear about all of you all's hauls of tools, wood, gadgets and
the like. Let them fly - make me jealous if you can!

I already got my Stubby - so anything else is gravy!

Merry Christmas to all and to all Remember to include Christ!

Ray Sandusky
Tennessee

Owen Lowe

In article ,
"Ray Sandusky" wrote:

So, I want to hear about all of you all's hauls of tools, wood, gadgets and
the like. Let them fly - make me jealous if you can!

Know for a fact there's a Proforme and a Stewart arm-brace under Doug
with my name on it - was there when it was ordered and dragged the Craft
Supplies box in from the front porch a few weeks back. (Thanks Lyn for
the fantastic reviews - I poured over each one on hollowing tools a
number of times before deciding to go with your recommendation.)

UH OH. Better go, I believe I hear a clatter and the only visions
dancing in my head are best left viewed on the 'net...

_____
American Association of Woodturners
Cascade Woodturners Assoc., Portland, Oregon
Northwest Woodturners, Tigard, Oregon
_____
Ray Sandusky

Well, I will reply to my own message as I am never one to hold back in
telling everyone of how beautiful and generous my wife is!

OK Here is my gloat

I got $125 in Wood Craft Gift Certs
500 1 1/2 SPAX Screws
1 Supernova Companion Chuck
1 Sorby Heavy Right handed scraper
3 Bowl buffing mushrooms
1 Wax buffing wheel
2 3" Hook and Loop Sanding disc holders
and another $145 in cash!

It was a good day in the tool receiving department!

I hope you all got what you circled in the catalogs too!

Ray

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
[...]

Barry N. Turner

Ray,

I can't touch that list.

But I did find some rather strange items (for most people) under the tree
this morning. For instance: a new 60-grit pink grinding wheel from
Woodcraft, a diamond truing jig from Oneway and a dial caliper. I probably
should include the Beall chuck and collet set I picked up for myself at the
Knoxville Woodcraft a few weeks ago. (Just the thing for Christmas ornament
icicles and those little finials for boxes!) Also, the new digital camera
for photographing my turnings, that Santa is letting me pick out myself.

When I rattled off my list of goodies to some of my relatives, I got a
pitiful tilt of the head and a knowing look, (oh, you must have been bad
this year) . I say, what a haul!

Barry

PS My Stubby is going to have to wait a few months. Maybe next
Christmas! Hear that Santa???

[...]

AHilton

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
I am sure that most of you have been feverishly dropping hints like

Ralphie
from "A Christmas Story" (Red Rider BB Gun) on the various load of tools

you
are wishing for from Santa. Well, if you are like me, you spent the last
waking hour of everyday in November checking the specs, prices and source
for each of the desired toys you are hoping to get.

Here's my haul this season....

- 27 ornaments
- 50 toys of various types (woodturned and otherwise)
- 12 sets of 3 candle holders
- 10 necklaces, 15 bracelets
- several other things like small boxes, ring holders, puzzles, etc.

All for area womens shelters, hospitals, and family services organizations.
It was a good year. Here's hoping for a better one next year.

- Andrew

Silvan

Barry N. Turner wrote:

PS My Stubby is going to have to wait a few months. Maybe next
Christmas! Hear that Santa???

Well, as far as I can see in this house, *I'm* Santa, and you ain't gettin'
no Stubby from me unless you're a *verrrrry* good boy.

Just what you, being a boy and all, could do to get me to buy you a
Stubby... Well, I can't think of a thing, so you're out of luck Bub.

Sorry.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

George

Sadly, I did not get my 1/2" forged gouge, which has headed my list of "dad
wants" bookmarks for over a year. But she did shop at Lee Valley. Got the
Veritas shoulder plane to work the flat stuff. Kids got me a "bevel boss"
for precise angle setting, and a T-shirt emblazoned with "he who dies with
the most tools wins" - perhaps a hint?

Oh yes, I did get one turning-related gift. Eldest sent a pair of
Birkenstock "Amsterdam" clogs. Tough to beat the comfort and arch support
in a Birkenstock. Turned for an hour or so during the mother-daughter
bonding over newly purchased chick flicks, and the shoes were both warm and
comfortable.

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
Well, I will reply to my own message as I am never one to hold back in
telling everyone of how beautiful and generous my wife is!

OK Here is my gloat

Mine above

Barry N. Turner

Well, in "this house", my wife is "my Santa". Although she tells me I have
been a verrry good boy............as usual...........ole Santa just can't
swing the Stubby this year. She was able to come up with a Oneway diamond
wheel truing jig, a new 60 grit wheel for my grinder and a vernier caliper
and a digital camera. Not bad for an "off" year.

Barry