Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Tersa knives in Australia

Hi,

My company will be supplying Tersa knives in Australia in the next few
months.

The Tersa system is the perfect solution for finishing on moulding
machines, planing machines and thicknessing machines.

Knives can be mounted in the planing head without screw or keys and
are fixed in position using centrifugal self adjustment so you don't
have to waste time setting up.

Plus no final sanding is required after using the Tersa system.

Tersa knives will be available in HSS and carbide.

If you are interested I will post when the Tersa knives are available
for ordering but if you want to contact me now my email address is

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Mark Jarratt
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
CW CW is offline

Many people, I'm one of them, don't do business with spammers.

"atalooseend" wrote in message
Hi,

My company will be supplying Tersa knives in Australia in the next few
months.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

CW wrote:
Many people, I'm one of them, don't do business with spammers.

"atalooseend" wrote in message
Hi,

My company will be supplying Tersa knives in Australia in the next few
months.

How is that spam?

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 21:31:31 -0500, Tanus wrote:

CW wrote:
Many people, I'm one of them, don't do business with spammers.

How is that spam?

Well, other than the fact that it's selling a product that's got nothing to do
with the topics of the several different newsgroups it was sent to, I don't have
a clue..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 4 Feb, 02:31, Tanus wrote:
CW wrote:
Many people, I'm one of them, don't do business with spammers.

"atalooseend" wrote in message
Hi,

My company will be supplyingTersaknives in Australia in the next few
months.

How is that spam?

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/

Sorry if you thought my post was spam. It was just meant to make
woodworking customers in Australia aware that they will be able to
purchase tersa blades online soon from my company. I will only post
again when the blades are available to buy.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

CW wrote:
Many people, I'm one of them, don't do business with spammers.

How is that spam?

Well, other than the fact that it's selling a product that's got nothing to do
with the topics of the several different newsgroups it was sent to, I don't have
a clue..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Oops. I figured Tersa was a kind of
knife for a planer.

--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis wrote:

Well, other than the fact that it's selling a product that's got nothing to do
with the topics of the several different newsgroups it was sent to, I don't have
a clue..

An advanced "Google Groups" search shows the original message was sent
to rec.woodworking and rec.crafts.woodturning. Why would jointer,
planer and molding machine knives be off topic for woodworking news groups?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I realize that this is not a moderated group, but I thought that the general
concensus was people could advertise every two weeks without considering it
spam? These appear to be planer blades which would be applicable to
segemnted turners at least.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
"Nova" wrote in message
mac davis wrote:

Well, other than the fact that it's selling a product that's got nothing
to do
with the topics of the several different newsgroups it was sent to, I
don't have
a clue..

An advanced "Google Groups" search shows the original message was sent to
rec.woodworking and rec.crafts.woodturning. Why would jointer, planer and
molding machine knives be off topic for woodworking news groups?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 23:21:18 GMT, Nova wrote:

mac davis wrote:

Well, other than the fact that it's selling a product that's got nothing to do
with the topics of the several different newsgroups it was sent to, I don't have
a clue..

An advanced "Google Groups" search shows the original message was sent
to rec.woodworking and rec.crafts.woodturning. Why would jointer,
planer and molding machine knives be off topic for woodworking news groups?

no idea.. is that what the OP was talking about?

Would of been nice for those of us that have no idea WTF Tersa knives were..
Coulda been steak knives for all we knew..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 01:46:06 GMT, "Darrell Feltmate"
wrote:

I realize that this is not a moderated group, but I thought that the general
concensus was people could advertise every two weeks without considering it
spam? These appear to be planer blades which would be applicable to
segemnted turners at least.

Well, I guess that if they are planer blades, it was more a case of bad
advertising than spamming..
Always help to include what a product is/does in the ad..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis wrote:

no idea.. is that what the OP was talking about?

Would of been nice for those of us that have no idea WTF Tersa knives were..
Coulda been steak knives for all we knew..

I think there was a clue in the original message:

"The Tersa system is the perfect solution for finishing on moulding
machines, planing machines and thicknessing machines."

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:48:20 GMT, Nova wrote:

mac davis wrote:

no idea.. is that what the OP was talking about?

Would of been nice for those of us that have no idea WTF Tersa knives were..
Coulda been steak knives for all we knew..

I think there was a clue in the original message:

"The Tersa system is the perfect solution for finishing on moulding
machines, planing machines and thicknessing machines."

Wow.. I have no idea why, but that wasn't in the post that I responded too..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis wrote:

no idea.. is that what the OP was talking about?

Would of been nice for those of us that have no idea WTF Tersa knives
were..
Coulda been steak knives for all we knew..

I think there was a clue in the original message:

"The Tersa system is the perfect solution for finishing on moulding
machines, planing machines and thicknessing machines."

Wow.. I have no idea why, but that wasn't in the post that I responded
too..

Two words. "Search engine."

Of course, those most likely to respond positively would already know....

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 10:18:23 GMT, "George" wrote:

"The Tersa system is the perfect solution for finishing on moulding
machines, planing machines and thicknessing machines."

Wow.. I have no idea why, but that wasn't in the post that I responded
too..

Two words. "Search engine."

Of course, those most likely to respond positively would already know....

Search for what, George?
To find out if each suspected spam is actually not spam?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 10:18:23 GMT, "George" wrote:

"The Tersa system is the perfect solution for finishing on moulding
machines, planing machines and thicknessing machines."

Wow.. I have no idea why, but that wasn't in the post that I responded
too..

Two words. "Search engine."

Of course, those most likely to respond positively would already know....

Search for what, George?
To find out if each suspected spam is actually not spam?

If you can take the time to write a complaint, why not take the time to
search?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:26:52 GMT, "George" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 10:18:23 GMT, "George" wrote:

"The Tersa system is the perfect solution for finishing on moulding
machines, planing machines and thicknessing machines."

Wow.. I have no idea why, but that wasn't in the post that I responded
too..

Two words. "Search engine."

Of course, those most likely to respond positively would already know....

Search for what, George?
To find out if each suspected spam is actually not spam?

If you can take the time to write a complaint, why not take the time to
search?

Actually, I didn't complain, I gave a smart ass reply to someone that did..
I think what happened, is that I didn't read the OP, just the one that I replied
to, and they'd snipped part of the original message..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis wrote in
:

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:26:52 GMT, "George" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Yup,
Kinda figured that. If that's the worse thing you do, you're still way
ahead.
Hank
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 04:28:46 -0000, Hank wrote:

Actually, I didn't complain, I gave a smart ass reply to someone that
did.. I think what happened, is that I didn't read the OP, just the
one that I replied to, and they'd snipped part of the original
message..

Yup,
Kinda figured that. If that's the worse thing you do, you're still way
ahead.
Hank

Thanks, Hank... (I think)
roflmao

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Feb 7, 5:23 pm, mac davis wrote:
On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 04:28:46 -0000, Hank wrote:
Actually, I didn't complain, I gave a smart ass reply to someone that
did.. I think what happened, is that I didn't read the OP, just the
one that I replied to, and they'd snipped part of the original
message..

Yup,
Kinda figured that. If that's the worse thing you do, you're still way
ahead.
Hank

Thanks, Hank... (I think)
roflmao

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the confusion about Tersa. They are used for finishing on
moulding machines, planing machines and thicknessing machines. The
blades give a better finish and last longer than other blades and are
quicker to set up.

Here is our website in Australia.

www.australiatools.com

We will adding a lot more information about the Tersa system soon and
you will be able to buy them online.

I will let you know when they are available if that is ok.

Best regards,

Mark

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Feb 29, 4:54 am, atalooseend wrote:
[...]

Hi guys,

I said I wouldn't post until the Tersa knives were available to but
online.

So now I'm pleased to say you can buy the knives from the website so
if you are in Australia you can purchase the knives from www.australiatools.com
..

Here is a bit more information about the Tersa system

The Tersa R2000 uses a rotating cutter head with Tersa knives fitted
into it that are centrifugally clamped so you can easily replace the
knives without time consuming screws. The R2000 permits higher RPM and
consequently increased feed and improved cutting quality.

The center steel sleeve provides optimum stability and allows
multipurpose use of the TERSA cutter head. The design offers better
performance and increased productivity on all machine types. It is a
perfect solution for finishing on moulding machines, planing machines
and thicknessing machines.

Moreover, the Tersa system is characterized by great flexibility
resulting from the system's modular design of identical aluminium
washers. The stability is secured by a steel bushing which goes
through the planer head.

The Tersa system is used extensively throughout Europe and the USA and
is now available in Australia.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Best regards,

Mark

Tersa knives in Australia [email protected] Woodworking 0 January 21st 08 08:14 PM
Tersa knives [email protected] Woodworking 1 December 3rd 07 10:20 PM
Tersa Knives Australia [email protected] Woodworking 0 November 27th 07 09:30 AM
Tersa Web Site? stoutman Woodworking 4 March 22nd 06 03:29 PM
Emmigrating to Australia Mat A Woodturning 0 November 5th 04 03:57 AM