Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
atalooseend atalooseend is offline

Default Tersa knives in Australia

On Feb 29, 4:54 am, atalooseend wrote:
On Feb 7, 5:23 pm, mac davis wrote:

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 04:28:46 -0000, Hank wrote:
Actually, I didn't complain, I gave a smart ass reply to someone that
did.. I think what happened, is that I didn't read the OP, just the
one that I replied to, and they'd snipped part of the original
message..
Yup,
Kinda figured that. If that's the worse thing you do, you're still way
ahead.
Hank

Thanks, Hank... (I think)
roflmao

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the confusion about Tersa. They are used for finishing on
moulding machines, planing machines and thicknessing machines. The
blades give a better finish and last longer than other blades and are
quicker to set up.

Here is our website in Australia.

www.australiatools.com

We will adding a lot more information about the Tersa system soon and
you will be able to buy them online.

I will let you know when they are available if that is ok.

Best regards,

Mark

Hi guys,

I said I wouldn't post until the Tersa knives were available to but
online.

So now I'm pleased to say you can buy the knives from the website so
if you are in Australia you can purchase the knives from www.australiatools.com
..

Here is a bit more information about the Tersa system

The Tersa R2000 uses a rotating cutter head with Tersa knives fitted
into it that are centrifugally clamped so you can easily replace the
knives without time consuming screws. The R2000 permits higher RPM and
consequently increased feed and improved cutting quality.

The center steel sleeve provides optimum stability and allows
multipurpose use of the TERSA cutter head. The design offers better
performance and increased productivity on all machine types. It is a
perfect solution for finishing on moulding machines, planing machines
and thicknessing machines.

Moreover, the Tersa system is characterized by great flexibility
resulting from the system's modular design of identical aluminium
washers. The stability is secured by a steel bushing which goes
through the planer head.

The Tersa system is used extensively throughout Europe and the USA and
is now available in Australia.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Best regards,

Mark