Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Random musings of a COC. If I can't turn it, I'll disparage it.

Darrell Feltmate said:

I believe the saying is "Whatever does not kill you merely delays the
inevitable."

That would be more apropos. :-\

Greg G.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis said:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:58:40 -0500, Greg wrote:
I absolutely HATE the artificial scents that exude from various
chemical labs. I like my women naturally clean. ;-)
Vanilla and Old Spice are about my limits.

How about that idiotic FreeBreeze commercial that has people smelling
the carpets and chair seats. How stupid do they think we are?
(Yeah, that's a rhetorical question.)

The scary thing is that so many people buy into it..
A real perk of moving to Mexico is that my wife line drys the laundry now... no
friggin' fabric softener perfume...

I have to hunt for fragrance free detergents and don't use softener at
all. Many of them seem to interfere with bath towels' absorbency.
Thanks, but I'll take plain old, clean, non-brushed cotton.

As for people buying into the hype, the "dumbening" of society coupled
with the previously discussed media hype likely accounts for most of
it. Why else would someone pay $250,000 for a $60,000 house assembled
poorly by bottom dollar labor. It's all flash and advertising -
coupled with the "gotta have it NOW, even at 24% interest" mentality..

As for drying clothing outside, can't do it here or the laundry would
turn gray. The fine black and gray crap that settles out of the air
here en mass is scary... Eats up rubber really fast too. I go through
wiper blades every 4-6 months. Could be the cruddy rubber they use
nowadays, but I got considerably more life out automotive wiper blades
in Florida than in Atlanta. Less sun, lower temperatures.. Hmm...

Drove downtown the other day, and was subjected to many blocks of
grid-lock traffic while simultaneously inhaling the fumes of epoxy
paint being sprayed into what appeared to be underground pipes or
culverts. Great! I have to wear a NIOSH chemical mask to drive
anymore...

Greg G.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:58:27 -0500, Greg wrote:

I have to hunt for fragrance free detergents and don't use softener at
all. Many of them seem to interfere with bath towels' absorbency.
Thanks, but I'll take plain old, clean, non-brushed cotton.

Yep.. most towels have a thing on the label telling folks not to use fabric
softener on em.. (not that my wife follows that)

As for drying clothing outside, can't do it here or the laundry would
turn gray. The fine black and gray crap that settles out of the air
here en mass is scary... Eats up rubber really fast too. I go through
wiper blades every 4-6 months. Could be the cruddy rubber they use
nowadays, but I got considerably more life out automotive wiper blades
in Florida than in Atlanta. Less sun, lower temperatures.. Hmm...

We moved from Fresno, CA to Baja, Mexico..
No way could you hang clothes in the smog and dust in Fresno!

The CC&R's here say "no clothes lines" but a lot of us have them..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

robo hippy wrote:
Another quote from Groucho, "you are only as young as the women you
feel". Always did like him.
robo hippy

Sure glad I married a gal 6 years my junior - I'm much younger than I
thought!

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:30:54 -0900, Kevin Miller
wrote:

robo hippy wrote:
Another quote from Groucho, "you are only as young as the women you
feel". Always did like him.
robo hippy

Sure glad I married a gal 6 years my junior - I'm much younger than I
thought!

...Kevin

I must be doing twice as well, mine's 12 years younger...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis wrote:
I must be doing twice as well, mine's 12 years younger...

And here I've been shopping in the 20+ years younger department...
10 years younger was a disaster. My age too much baggage.
20 should be just about right... ;-)

Greg G.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis wrote in
:

wrote:

robo hippy wrote:
Another quote from Groucho, "you are only as young as the women you
feel". Always did like him.
robo hippy

Sure glad I married a gal 6 years my junior - I'm much younger than I
thought!

...Kevin

I must be doing twice as well, mine's 12 years younger...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Mines a year older, but damn does she feel good.

Hank
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis wrote:
I must be doing twice as well, mine's 12 years younger...

And here I've been shopping in the 20+ years younger department...
10 years younger was a disaster. My age too much baggage.
20 should be just about right... ;-)

Greg G.

Well, the general advice used to be to marry an older woman..
Reasoning was that since they outlive men, there wouldn't be as many ladies
introduced as the "widow of the late"..

OTOH, my bride is doing more of the night driving, picking things up off the
floor, "running upstairs to get something", etc. ;-]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 05:05:49 -0000, Hank wrote:

mac davis wrote in
:

wrote:

robo hippy wrote:
Another quote from Groucho, "you are only as young as the women you
feel". Always did like him.
robo hippy

Sure glad I married a gal 6 years my junior - I'm much younger than I
thought!

...Kevin

I must be doing twice as well, mine's 12 years younger...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Mines a year older, but damn does she feel good.

Hank

That's all that matters, Hank..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"mac davis" wrote in message
robo hippy wrote:
Another quote from Groucho, "you are only as young as the women you
feel". Always did like him.
robo hippy

Sure glad I married a gal 6 years my junior - I'm much younger than I
thought!

I must be doing twice as well, mine's 12 years younger...

Mines a year older, but damn does she feel good.

Hank

That's all that matters, Hank..

Nope. What matters is that you make _each other_ feel good.

After all these years SWMBO still knows better than to go upstairs in front
of me....

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis wrote:
I must be doing twice as well, mine's 12 years younger...

And here I've been shopping in the 20+ years younger department...
10 years younger was a disaster. My age too much baggage.
20 should be just about right... ;-)

Well, the general advice used to be to marry an older woman..
Reasoning was that since they outlive men, there wouldn't be as many ladies
introduced as the "widow of the late"..

I'll out live 'em all. Too mean to do otherwise.

OTOH, my bride is doing more of the night driving, picking things up off the
floor, "running upstairs to get something", etc. ;-]

Now you're talking. ;-)
I have a friend who actually voiced the concern that he was getting
older and want someone to wait on him in his death bed - which meant a
girl 15 years his junior. He's paying for that rational now...

As for me, after the first ex-wife, I waited for that elusive "heart
of gold". I'm still waiting for one that isn't already married with
children. :-o

Greg G.