Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default Random musings of a COC. If I can't turn it, I'll disparage it.

mac davis said:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:58:40 -0500, Greg wrote:
I absolutely HATE the artificial scents that exude from various
chemical labs. I like my women naturally clean. ;-)
Vanilla and Old Spice are about my limits.

How about that idiotic FreeBreeze commercial that has people smelling
the carpets and chair seats. How stupid do they think we are?
(Yeah, that's a rhetorical question.)

The scary thing is that so many people buy into it..
A real perk of moving to Mexico is that my wife line drys the laundry now... no
friggin' fabric softener perfume...

I have to hunt for fragrance free detergents and don't use softener at
all. Many of them seem to interfere with bath towels' absorbency.
Thanks, but I'll take plain old, clean, non-brushed cotton.

As for people buying into the hype, the "dumbening" of society coupled
with the previously discussed media hype likely accounts for most of
it. Why else would someone pay $250,000 for a $60,000 house assembled
poorly by bottom dollar labor. It's all flash and advertising -
coupled with the "gotta have it NOW, even at 24% interest" mentality..

As for drying clothing outside, can't do it here or the laundry would
turn gray. The fine black and gray crap that settles out of the air
here en mass is scary... Eats up rubber really fast too. I go through
wiper blades every 4-6 months. Could be the cruddy rubber they use
nowadays, but I got considerably more life out automotive wiper blades
in Florida than in Atlanta. Less sun, lower temperatures.. Hmm...

Drove downtown the other day, and was subjected to many blocks of
grid-lock traffic while simultaneously inhaling the fumes of epoxy
paint being sprayed into what appeared to be underground pipes or
culverts. Great! I have to wear a NIOSH chemical mask to drive
anymore...

Greg G.