Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Wooden name tags

Several years ago (?) there was a guy, from a Texas woodturning club I
think, who was offering wooden name tags for sale to other
woodturners.
(I also don't remember if he advertised on this forum or elsewhere.)
Would anyone here happen to remember his name, or even better, where I
can contact him?
Thanks for any help.
Tom Weber
Space Coast Woodturners

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article ,
"rjboney" wrote:

Try goning to Hunt County Woodturners webpage. that club uses wooden name
tags and someone may be able to help you.
"Tom Weber" wrote in message
ps.com...
Several years ago (?) there was a guy, from a Texas woodturning club I
think, who was offering wooden name tags for sale to other
woodturners.
(I also don't remember if he advertised on this forum or elsewhere.)
Would anyone here happen to remember his name, or even better, where I
can contact him?
Thanks for any help.
Tom Weber
Space Coast Woodturners

Pretty much anybody with a CNC router (or laser, depending on what you
have in mind) could do this (again, depending on what you have in mind.)

Describe what you want, I'll figure out if I can do it on my vintage
ShopBot (1997, which, for that tool, is old and outdated). Probably
someone closer to you can do it, too.

Since I'm in Vermont and not in a club, I would not be the guy you were
thinking of.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I our club, we wanted turned name tags. So what we did was to buy the
two-color plastic badges as rounds. Then, the owner could turn a back
piece for the plastic badge. Some of the most creative include:

- natural edge tag
- square edge with curled corners
- thorns around the rim
- a small bottle shape
- multi-centers ala Dick Sing

I got several badges so I could have several different tags.

Joe Fleming - San Diego

On Feb 5, 10:44 am, "Tom Weber" wrote:
Several years ago (?) there was a guy, from a Texas woodturning club I
think, who was offering wooden name tags for sale to other
woodturners.
(I also don't remember if he advertised on this forum or elsewhere.)
Would anyone here happen to remember his name, or even better, where I
can contact him?
Thanks for any help.
Tom Weber
Space Coast Woodturners

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Joe Fleming" wrote in message
ups.com...
I our club, we wanted turned name tags. So what we did was to buy the
two-color plastic badges as rounds. Then, the owner could turn a back
piece for the plastic badge. Some of the most creative include:

- natural edge tag
- square edge with curled corners
- thorns around the rim
- a small bottle shape
- multi-centers ala Dick Sing

I got several badges so I could have several different tags.

Any pictures? I'm having trouble visualizing what a turned name tag would
look like.

-- Mark

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Mark Jerde" wrote: (clip) I'm having trouble visualizing what a turned
name tag would look like.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Our club used to fine the members who did not wear a turned name tag. I'll
describe mine: Oak, about 2" in diameter, turned to look like the head of a
whiskey barrel, with a tiny wooden valve near the bottom edge. Woodburned
lettering said, "Leo--Aged in the wood." (I'm a senior citizen.)

I made a bunch of oval-shaped badges by slicing a round piece diagonally. I
offered them for rent to members for 1 cent less than the fine for not
having one. I got no takers.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
CW CW is offline

How many did what I would have done and told them to stick it?

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
Our club used to fine the members who did not wear a turned name tag.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"CW" wrote: How many did what I would have done and told them to stick it?
None that I know of, but quite a few just quietly ignored it, INCLUDING THE
CHAIRMAN.

Talk about "snail mail." I posted this item to the thread a year(?) ago,
when it was still active.

making dog tags Emmo Metalworking 26 March 16th 21 12:25 AM
wanted 36 wooden spindles @ 17" also 36 wooden teddy bears @ 4 inch high URGENTLY [email protected] Woodworking 0 August 30th 06 03:50 PM
Replace zipper 'tags', how? [email protected] UK diy 19 January 23rd 06 10:45 PM
Dog tags Eric R Snow Metalworking 22 September 26th 05 09:44 PM