Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Who's banned?

I'm in the process of setting up a shopping cart to even up the
disparity between those who have wooden bowls, but no money, (me) and
those who have money, but no wooden bowls, (sadly, this would be the
rest of the world).

It's part of my world - wide inreach of humanitarian aid through which
everyone in the world is invited to send me some money so as to knock
Bill Gates off his high-horse. If we all pull together, I'm sure we can
do it! Give what you can, but remember that the more you send, the
sooner my wife can stop shopping at K-Mart.

And that's a good thing. (Thank you, Martha)

I can decline to ship to certain geographical areas. Right away, the
country of Nigeria came to mind, taking top honors for the past several
years. But what other countries are noteworthy for running scams on fat,
gullible, greedy westerners? Via the internet, that is.

Bill

rascal less in the world.
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0662-0, 12/22/2006
Tested on: 12/22/2006 5:56:27 PM

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom tom is offline

Bill in Detroit wrote:
snip But what other countries are noteworthy for running scams on
fat,
gullible, greedy westerners? Via the internet, that is.

Bill

The U.S. comes to mind... Get out of Detroit, Bill! Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

tom wrote:

The U.S. comes to mind... Get out of Detroit, Bill! Tom

That's why I limited the scope to only internet scams.

Because, if I left Detroit, where would I go? Shangri-la quit issuing
visas years ago and the Grandee Ballroom burned down. Nirvana is for
folks who live life in a fuzzed up state of mind. And Eckankar is just
one more altered state of non-reality. I'm too ticklish (and fussy about
who does the tickling) for EST.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0662-0, 12/22/2006
Tested on: 12/22/2006 11:19:47 PM

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom tom is offline

Bill in Detroit wrote:
tom wrote:

The U.S. comes to mind... Get out of Detroit, Bill! Tom

That's why I limited the scope to only internet scams.

Because, if I left Detroit, where would I go? Shangri-la quit issuing
visas years ago and the Grandee Ballroom burned down. Nirvana is for
folks who live life in a fuzzed up state of mind. And Eckankar is just
one more altered state of non-reality. I'm too ticklish (and fussy about
who does the tickling) for EST.

Frankly, my dear... I left the Detroit area almost ten
years ago, and haven't looked back(except for weddings and funerals). I
moved to Tucson, which has a fairly thriving arts community and great
weather. Just one little problem: We're running out of water, and few
people do anything about it. Reality is a subjective concept here in
Tucson, or should I say Shangri-la(no visa needed)? I hope you sell a
million bowls, and I wouldn't necessarily count out Nigeria as a
possible customer. Tom

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

tom wrote:

Frankly, my dear...

My wife may call me 'dear', but I would prefer that all others address
me informally as "Bill".

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0662-1, 12/24/2006
Tested on: 12/24/2006 12:15:17 PM

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:15:17 -0500, Bill in Detroit
wrote:

tom wrote:

Frankly, my dear...

My wife may call me 'dear', but I would prefer that all others address
me informally as "Bill".

Not Frank Lee?

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article , Bill in Detroit
wrote:

I can decline to ship to certain geographical areas. Right away, the
country of Nigeria came to mind, taking top honors for the past several
years. But what other countries are noteworthy for running scams on fat,
gullible, greedy westerners? Via the internet, that is.

It's not the area of the world so much as payment method.

Do not accept payment via Western Union. If accepting Cheque, Bank
Draft or or Money Order, wait at least 10 days for them to clear the
originating institution before shipping goods.

If accepting Paypal, link it to a bank account that you regularly empty
so that they cannot withdraw funds, and have a conversation with your
bank manager to ensure they cannot force the account into overdraft.

HTH,

djb
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom tom is offline

wrote:

tom wrote:

Frankly, my dear...

My wife may call me 'dear', but I would prefer that all others address
me informally as "Bill".

Not Frank Lee?

Actually, that was my Rhett Butler imitation from
GWTW. Tom