Posted to rec.woodworking
Elmar

Default Why hasn't 20062304277 been banned from posting?

Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

Posted to rec.woodworking
20062307281

LIBERAL POSTS????BWAHAHAHAAAAA Stop eating your own
feces.................your brain turned to crap!
"Elmar" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen

Elmar wrote:
Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

Banned by who? This is an unmoderated group.

Feel free to block him at your end...that way you won't see his stuff.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking
darkon

Elmar wrote:

Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

It's not that the posts are liberal that bothers me, it's that
they're off-topic. If I wanted to discuss politics I'd be reading a
different group. So I've killfiled him and never see his posts.

It's a stupid thing to do, anyway. It even irritates people like me
who are liberal and can't stand George Bush.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"darkon" wrote in message
Elmar wrote:

Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

It's not that the posts are liberal that bothers me, it's that
they're off-topic. If I wanted to discuss politics I'd be reading a
different group. So I've killfiled him and never see his posts.

It's a stupid thing to do, anyway. It even irritates people like me
who are liberal and can't stand George Bush.

Just how do I killfile the vile creature? He changes his name every day or
so.
Can you imagine if he had been around during WWII?

Posted to rec.woodworking
henry

I also would like these post stopped but understand that this is a
unmoderated group. How does one killfiled post from immature people. I
am a liberal who would never call an immature person liberal or
conservative. I think you proably mean garbage post.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article . com,
Elmar wrote:

Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

No, there is no way to stop any text-only post to rec.woodworking that
does not violate the terms of service set out by the poster's internet
provider because rec.woodworking is not a moderated group.

Binary posts, however, will be dropped by most news hosts automatically.

Use a decent newsreader and learn to filter. If you insist on using
Google Groups, though, you'll need to learn how to simply ignore posts
and threads that offend your sensibilities.

Welcome to USEnet. Please adjust your reality.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Searcher

You will always see him, he keeps changing his name
I have him killfiled , but he keeps coming back@!!!!

Searcher

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Toller" wrote in message

Just how do I killfile the vile creature? He changes his name every day
or so.
Can you imagine if he had been around during WWII?

Just kill file him every day, its way less trouble than he goes through to
change names.

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Searcher wrote:

You will always see him, he keeps changing his name
I have him killfiled , but he keeps coming back@!!!!

Searcher

He comes back because of his OCD. He wants the rest of us to give a
crap about his concerns. Until he gets medicated for his condition,
expect his posts to continue.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

David wrote:

He comes back because of his OCD.

His OCD is also indicated by his obsession with excrement.

I'd imagine the torment that must be his life would land him fairly
well down the levels of Dante's Inferno.

Well, as the saying goes, better him than me.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

In article . com, "Elmar" wrote:
Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

Nope. Best you can do is to get a real news reader (instead of reading and
posting via Google Groups), and install NewsProxy (aka NFilter) with the
appropriate filter files. Do a Google Groups search on this newsgroup for
"NewsProxy" and/or "NFilter" and you'll find all the information you need.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , Toller
wrote:

Just how do I killfile the vile creature? He changes his name every day or
so.

I'm able to killfile him quite successfully with a single filter.
Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , Toller
wrote:

Just how do I killfile the vile creature? He changes his name every day or
so.

I'm able to killfile him quite successfully with a single filter.

Obviously not based on the number.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Guess who

On 13 Mar 2006 12:55:15 -0800, "Elmar" wrote:

Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

Killfile [might be under Message / Filters]. Another option: Ignore
thread. I list all incoming according to headers [rather than order
by date.] Easy to spot one you don't want, select and delete all at
once. That's *after* others have been entirely blocked with the
killfilter. The problem is that in this newsgroup, once you get rid of
the I'm a war-hero crap and what colour should I paint my workbench,
or how can you safely cut a quarter inch cube using a radial arm saw,
and here's a plan for a popsicle stick picture frame, there's not a
whole lot left. It's a whole lot better though.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

So who owns the rec? OOPS have I been here before?

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 23:31:16 -0000, Doug Miller
wrote:

In article . com,
"Elmar" wrote:
Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

Nope. Best you can do is to get a real news reader (instead of reading
and
posting via Google Groups), and install NewsProxy (aka NFilter) with the
appropriate filter files. Do a Google Groups search on this newsgroup for
"NewsProxy" and/or "NFilter" and you'll find all the information you
need.

--

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6 e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

ahhh ya poor thang
"Searcher" wrote in message
You will always see him, he keeps changing his name
I have him killfiled , but he keeps coming back@!!!!

Searcher

Posted to rec.woodworking

you're a moron.............so you can't! and if your a "liberal" then you
should undersatand freedom of speech and since you don't your jusy a lying
sack of ****!
"henry" wrote in message
ps.com...
I also would like these post stopped but understand that this is a
unmoderated group. How does one killfiled post from immature people. I
am a liberal who would never call an immature person liberal or
conservative. I think you proably mean garbage post.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Connor Aston

Do you know ... I'd think we will all really miss him when he goes.
I bet you its really LEON?

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:55:15 -0000, Elmar wrote:

Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6 e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

wow and you're the "bright" one of the group!
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
In article om, henry
wrote:

. How does one killfiled post from immature people.

One uses a newsreader and news provider, and not Google Groups. If one
uses Google Groups one sees everything.

Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

2006.2309.282 wrote:
I'd still be higher on the scale then you and your cheap hawking knives.

Actually, it's a Lawson. Hawking is a physicist.

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Dave Balderstone wrote: I'm able to killfile him quite successfully
with a single filter.

And I'm able to ignore it. Sure, I might read the replies the ignorami
write. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Could he be "Connor Aston"? Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan

On Mon 13 Mar 2006 02:55:15p, "Elmar" wrote in
ups.com:

Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

I've never responded to any of the War Dead posts. I will now make the only
one I ever will.

There's a war on. People I love are over there, and their days are often
even more disrupted than mine are when I have to read or see a post or even
maybe three or four, about my fallen countryfolk. There might even be a few
innocent children maimed or killed about the same time this guy, for
whatever reasons, inconveniences me.

I'm living with it. I'd kinda like the wars and killing to stop. Then maybe
there wouldn't be any reminders of it on my favorite newsgroup. But until
then, I can deal with it.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard Clements

Leon wrote:

"Toller" wrote in message

Just how do I killfile the vile creature? He changes his name every day
or so.
Can you imagine if he had been around during WWII?

Just kill file him every day, its way less trouble than he goes through to
change names.

This is my troll filter.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My troll filter is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My troll filter without me is useless. Without my troll filter, I am
useless.

I must apply my troll filter true.

I must filter better than my enemy who is trying to irritate me.

I must filter him before he irritates me. I will...

My my troll and myself know that what counts in not the trolls we filter,

the threads we ignore, nor the OT we skip.

We know it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My troll filter is human, even as I, because it is my life.

Thus, I will learn it as a brother.

I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories,
its Regx, and its wildcards.

I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.

I will keep my troll filter clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready.

We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed.

My troll filter and myself are the defenders of my wreak.

We are the masters of our enemy.

We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until there is no trolls, but PEACE.

--
if corn oil comes from corn,
and olive oil comes from olives
Posted to rec.woodworking

"inconveniences me"........... I LOVE YOU SELF ABSORBED TYPES!

Awh shucks I'm touched...."I'd kinda like the wars and killing to stop, Then
maybe
there wouldn't be any reminders of it on my favorite newsgroup"

Now THAT's an idea stop the War to end my posts, now you can't be in love
with a ng more then that!

First off this isn't really a war persay, if it was a war it would have been
over when we captured Saddam. So we pull all of our troops home and what
would you have just millions more people with a grudge against America...
How long do you suppose before IED's will start here at home? It took about
3 years for Afghanistan to pick up on it! Bush tried his conventional
warfare thing and failed miserably, Al Qaeda has gotten stronger and larger
so has the Taliban. The world more at risk less safe then in the History of
America...and then a Hurricane comes along and it's treated like something
we never saw or knew how to handle before!

But the CIC says progress is being made (with Cheney riding
shotgun)............ Sort of like when your down so far EVERYTHING LOOKS UP!

Gee Dan you don't seem to post a lot!

"Dan" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Some number wrote: if it was a war it would have been
over when we captured Saddam.

Wrong. If it was
a_chess_ game, it would have been over when we captured Saddam. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 00:01:12 GMT, "2006.2309.282"
wrote:

Hey dave blow me! Assholes like you I could care less about!

Yet you continue to respond to him indicating that you *do* care. JT has
dubbed you Buttercup and Leon has dubbed you Stinky. I think a better
designation would be "Fifi". You remind me of one of those yappy little
dogs that matronly older women always seem drawn to and that are inevitably
named "Fifi". Fifi is most typically a yappy little thing that makes lots
of noise, has a mean disposition, but has little in the way of substance
or utility. Noise is about the only thing of which they seem proficient at
producing. You have the same characteristics.

You are not even a good troll, your posts show no intelligence, you have
no message, you can't even curse well. You certainly don't show the
intelligence that a former member of the military would have, so don't go
trotting out that tired old harangue, it's not washing with anyone who has
ever had a modicum of exposure to true vets.

Even your "insults" fall flat, you can't carry those out convincingly
either. You somehow think that referring to my nome de plume as "Mark and
Josie" is somehow insulting. While my wife's name is Juanita, I have had
the pleasure of being acquainted with several who have been named "Josie"
and they have all been fine, good-looking and good-natured women. This is
somehow insulting or a flame?

So Fifi, if you aren't a pre-pubescent teenager, you really need to seek
help. If you are a pre-pubescent teenager, then you better hope that Mommy
and Daddy don't find out what you've been doing with their internet
account.

"David" wrote in message
news
Searcher wrote:

You will always see him, he keeps changing his name
I have him killfiled , but he keeps coming back@!!!!

Searcher

He comes back because of his OCD. He wants the rest of us to give a crap
about his concerns. Until he gets medicated for his condition, expect
his posts to continue.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Tylicki

so don't go trotting out that tired old harangue, it's not washing with
anyone who has
ever had a modicum of exposure to true vets.

I roomed with a Marine for six years before I got married...again. This
guy seems more like a 13 year old with a bootleg copy of Jarhead.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

"Elmar" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

When did caring about human lives become a liberal only cause?

I find his posts way less offensive that most OT posts. It makes me
uncomfortable to read about another lost life...but it should.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Joe Tylicki" wrote in message
so don't go trotting out that tired old harangue, it's not washing
with anyone who has
ever had a modicum of exposure to true vets.

I roomed with a Marine for six years before I got married...again. This
guy seems more like a 13 year old with a bootleg copy of Jarhead.

Probably a Marine-wanna-be like a Rent-a-Cop.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 00:03:33 +0000 (UTC), "Connor Aston"
wrote:

Do you know ... I'd think we will all really miss him when he goes.
I bet you its really LEON?

In a previous post in this interminable set of threads with this troll, I
recommended we name him "Fifi" instead of JT's "Buttercup" or Leon's
"Stinky". The more I think about it, a better name would be "Puny". This
seems more appropriate (and since he seems to insist on staying in the rec,
we may as well name him -- he's a bad troll, but he does seem determined to
remain the rec's troll. Since he insists on staying, it would be quite
impersonal to treat him as only a number). Most trolls come into a
newsgroup and generate a large outpouring of ire that remains high level
for a while, then dwindles. When the ire and responses dwindle, the troll
tries a few more casts, then moves on, knowing that it can no longer make a
living in that particular newsgroup. This troll is different, it seems to
be able to survive on the meager pickings of a few, occasional responses
that die down rather quickly. Thus, it must be a rather poor troll, able
to draw sustenance for its trollish behavior from the meager fare offered
by the denizens of rec.ww in a few taunts and low-level responses to its
trollish postings. To be able to survive on such small pickings, it must,
by necessity be a rather small, pitiful, emaciated troll -- thus the
appellation "Puny" just seems to fit.

It's kind of an interesting phenomenon, this troll has lasted longer than
most. It is almost the equivalent of the village idiot of old. Most
typically, the village idiot was the offspring of one of the town's
couples. Most likely they were kindly folk who died and left the VI with
nowhere to go, but who was then adopted by the townsfolk who would tolerate
occasional silliness, but pretty much just provided sustenance to the VI,
letting him live out his days by himself. Sometimes people would taunt or
tease the village idiot, but this usually resulted in pangs of conscience
for the tormentor, recognizing that they were really taking advantage of
one unable to defend himself. The VI mostly took this kind of ribbing in
stride and with good humor, thus making the guilt of the tormentor even
more heavy on the tormentor. Our resident troll, however, is more like a
belligerent village idiot, one who is too stupid to recognize his inability
to survive on his own, but one who not only gets in the way,but goes out of
his way to make himself a pain and bully the townsfolk. In the old days,
such Village Idiots often found themselves run out of town on a rail at
best, or floating facedown in the local river at worst after they had
assaulted one too many, or the wrong, townsperson. Fortunately, we are
more civilized and the only "killing" done is the addition of such trolls
the the bowels of the kill filters. One of the other side-effects of such
belligerent VI's was the fact that taunting such VI's was no longer out of
the realm of civil behavior, but an activity that could be engaged in
without pangs of conscience since the VI actually brought such ridcule upon
himself and the occasionally well-placed jab served to remind the VI that
he really wasn't the king of the realm. This seems to be the case with our
resident village idiot, every once in a while, when he escapes the kill
filters, or when new folks encounter him, folks take advantage of the
opportunity for a few carthartic slams before once again assigning the
troll to the kill files.

So, let's all raise our glasses to Puny, he ain't much of a troll, but
he's the rec's troll.

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:55:15 -0000, Elmar wrote:

Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69% 6e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:07:10 -0700, Richard Clements
wrote:

.... snip

This is my troll filter.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My troll filter is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

.... snip of absolutely hilarious stuff
We are the masters of our enemy.

We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until there is no trolls, but PEACE.

Richard,

*That* went into the keep file (after I cleaned off the tea from
the monitor and keyboard).

Have you seen the "PowerPoint Ranger Creed"?

Thanks for posting that. [Still chuckling]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:54:34 -0800, "Frank Drackman"
wrote:

"Elmar" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

When did caring about human lives become a liberal only cause?

Because his posts have less to do with caring about human lives than
about providing aid and comfort to the insurgents and attempting to assure
the failure of the mission of our men and women over there by taking away
support for their effort over here.

I find his posts way less offensive that most OT posts. It makes me
uncomfortable to read about another lost life...but it should.

If it were balanced by commentary on what is being accomplished (as
reported by those coming back), then this would be a valid comment.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Norm Dresner

"Elmar" wrote in message
ups.com...
| Is there no way to stop these garbage liberal posts?

Is it only liberals that you want to silence?

Why don't you climb back into your time machine and join the Nazis in 1939
or so?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve DeMars

Please guys Mr./Mrs. 20062304277 is being paid by a Democratic PAC . . .
"He" is actually a room full of pimple faced morons, fat girls and assorted
other losers who were unable to secure a job at Pizza Hut while going to
school to get that precious degree in philosophy. He is just trying to earn
a living. If he was really doing this because he cared about our troops,
there would be some dialogue coming from him other than adolescent name
calling . . . I lived in California for years and the paper was full of adds
everyday for "Hired Protesters" . . . One day it was anti - abortion, the
next day it was save the snail darter . . . And of those few who were not
being paid it was funny that the loudest war protesters always seem to be
people who have never served . . . So just treat his posting as you would a
mailer from John Kerry . . . Put a few drops of oil on it and use it to lube
the shredder . . . . But let him continue to earn his living . . . He
probably gets a few pennies for every post in an active newsgroup . . . you
never know, maybe with thousands like him it may create a ground swell
affect and indirectly put pressure on the administration to withdraw from
that useless **** hole they call a country . . .You know the republicans
have there own little WEB monkeys on here everyday post fake "HERO" stories
.. . . and feel good crap about the good they are doing for the people in
Iraq . . . . You know like building churches, schools and play grounds like
our PROPERTY TAXES do here . . .