Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlie b

Default The Pointy Stick Compendium Project

I don't think I've posted this url to this group - but it seems
a natural place to solicite contributions - not the originals,
just images of them, along with a description if you feel
like it. (all one line so watch the line wrap)

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/...OfContent.html

And now I'm off to finish Rabbit Hutch #2 for the rabbit
the other little girl on the corner needs now that the
weather has gotten nicer.

charlie b
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus

On Tue, 09 May 2006 09:08:32 -0700, charlie b
wrote:

I don't think I've posted this url to this group - but it seems
a natural place to solicite contributions - not the originals,
just images of them, along with a description if you feel
like it. (all one line so watch the line wrap)

Charlie, you forgot the rosewood and bronze pointy-stick depth gauge
availible from Lee Valley. You slip it over the stick, and tighten
with a set screw to keep your pointy stick from making too deep a
hole... Of course with a lathe, you could just make an assortment of
them with a turned bead at different common depths.

And now I'm off to finish Rabbit Hutch #2 for the rabbit
the other little girl on the corner needs now that the
weather has gotten nicer.

On another note, I've been wondering for quite a while- why do people
keep rabbits in hutches like that? Are they pets, or livestock? I've
never really been able to puzzle out the reason for it. Granted, one
rabbit is probably a pet, but I've seen houses with dozens of them in
the backyard.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Prometheus wrote:

On another note, I've been wondering for quite a while- why do people
keep rabbits in hutches like that? Are they pets, or livestock? I've
never really been able to puzzle out the reason for it. Granted, one
rabbit is probably a pet, but I've seen houses with dozens of them in
the backyard.

You've heard the phrase 'breeding like rabbits'? Plus, IIRC, they fight.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlie b

Prometheus wrote:
snip

On another note, I've been wondering for quite a while- why do people
keep rabbits in hutches like that? Are they pets, or livestock? I've
never really been able to puzzle out the reason for it. Granted, one
rabbit is probably a pet, but I've seen houses with dozens of them in
the backyard.

With two people in their house with allergies and breathing problems,
why these kids were allowed to get rabbits - which they were keeping
in their room - next to their beds - at the head end - is beyond me.

Why they weren't required to clean the cages daily or get rid of the
rabbits - is beyond me.

Why kids insist on holding rabbits, hamsters, white rats, cats etc.
against their cheeks - especially if they're allergic to all these
animals - and haven't been able to pronounce "Bs", "Ms" or "Ns"
for years - is beyond me.

Why cats, which urinate under beds, are allowed in the house at all
- is beyond me.

Why kids are permitted to get a male and female rabbit - is beyond
me.

What I CAN do is make something that will get the rabbits OUTSIDE
the house. They are NOW outside of the house.

charlie b
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus

On Tue, 09 May 2006 22:51:41 -0700, charlie b
wrote:

Prometheus wrote:
snip

What I CAN do is make something that will get the rabbits OUTSIDE
the house. They are NOW outside of the house.

Ah, so you don't know either? At least you get them outside, then!

I was just wondering if people were breeding the things to eat... or
if it was two little bunnies that got out of hand. If they're just to
look at, I've got loads of them in the backyard all the time- can't
get the suckers to go away, and they drive my beagle crazy.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Brent

Maybe one of these pointy sticks will help you round up those wrascaly
wabbits. Probably be a good idea not to have a micro point on it,
unless, of course, you're wanting to get rid of them permanetly. That
might get messy, though. I'd suggest just a blunt tip.

Pointy Stick Compendium Project - new additions Swingman Woodworking 0 November 30th 05 02:51 AM
The Boy Mechanic axolotl Metalworking 23 November 27th 05 09:34 AM
Opinions wanted on Clarke 130A stick welder [email protected] Metalworking 10 November 18th 05 04:14 PM
The Pointy Stick Compendium Project charlie b Woodworking 59 March 2nd 05 09:28 PM
RatsnFratsn@#*$& Harbor Freight double stick tape Montyhp Woodworking 3 January 27th 04 02:25 AM