Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus

Default The Pointy Stick Compendium Project

On Tue, 09 May 2006 09:08:32 -0700, charlie b
wrote:

I don't think I've posted this url to this group - but it seems
a natural place to solicite contributions - not the originals,
just images of them, along with a description if you feel
like it. (all one line so watch the line wrap)

Charlie, you forgot the rosewood and bronze pointy-stick depth gauge
availible from Lee Valley. You slip it over the stick, and tighten
with a set screw to keep your pointy stick from making too deep a
hole... Of course with a lathe, you could just make an assortment of
them with a turned bead at different common depths.

And now I'm off to finish Rabbit Hutch #2 for the rabbit
the other little girl on the corner needs now that the
weather has gotten nicer.

On another note, I've been wondering for quite a while- why do people
keep rabbits in hutches like that? Are they pets, or livestock? I've
never really been able to puzzle out the reason for it. Granted, one
rabbit is probably a pet, but I've seen houses with dozens of them in
the backyard.