roughbert strong

Default Windows of France

There is a french DIY supplier called Lapeyre who sells some rather
nice looking windows. I think that they meet UK building regs, unless
my schoolboy french is letting me down again. I am considering using
them in my new house in UK, has anyone tried them, or had experience
of building regs issues with non-UK sourced windows?
The Natural Philosopher

roughbert strong wrote:

There is a french DIY supplier called Lapeyre who sells some rather
nice looking windows. I think that they meet UK building regs, unless
my schoolboy french is letting me down again. I am considering using
them in my new house in UK, has anyone tried them, or had experience
of building regs issues with non-UK sourced windows?

If they are double glazed, you can probably get away with them, but you
may need to get U value certification.

In fact you may be able to use single glazed even - the key issue is
that you approach energy calculations on an ovcerall basis rather than
use the elemental method.

In all cases you will need some idea of their U value though. That the
manufacturer can give you.
Holly, in France

roughbert strong wrote in message ...
There is a french DIY supplier called Lapeyre who sells some rather
nice looking windows. I think that they meet UK building regs, unless
my schoolboy french is letting me down again. I am considering using
them in my new house in UK, has anyone tried them, or had experience
of building regs issues with non-UK sourced windows?

Just had a quick look at the site, couldn't immediately find the bit
about the regs, but if you are able to send a link or cut and paste the
relevant bit I will have a look. The site is also in English, but
perhaps the relevant bit isn't in the English section? Or perhaps you
thought it was more fun in French? :-)

They seem to have a good reputation here, good products from what we
have seen, a bit more pricey than some of the competitors but probably
worth the difference in price. Priced some windows and doors for a
client but the local joinery was less expensive. My husband fitted a
staircase of theirs for a neighbour, that was good.

If no one comes up with any direct opinions or experience I will ask
around.

HTH
--
Holly, in France.
Holiday home in the Dordogne,

BobS

Are you aware that with French windows the casements normally open inwards.
This is a pain if you use curtains and display items on the window sill. I
can certainly recommend Lapeyre their products are excellent. BobS
--
Tees off to reply.

om...