Default Flexible tap connectors

My new taps seem to just have 1/2" thread holes and are supplied with
copper pipes (15mm which thin to 1/2").

I'd rather use flexible connectors but can't find this sort of thing
anywhere.

Is there such a thing as 15mm (compression or push-fit) one end to 1/2"
screw on the other end? If so, where can I get them from?

John

wrote in message
ups.com...
My new taps seem to just have 1/2" thread holes and are supplied with
copper pipes (15mm which thin to 1/2").

I'd rather use flexible connectors but can't find this sort of thing
anywhere.

Is there such a thing as 15mm (compression or push-fit) one end to 1/2"
screw on the other end? If so, where can I get them from?

Are you sure the threaded part is 1/2"? You will probably find they are
either 10mm or 12mm. If so you can get these from most sheds and plumbers
merchants or alternatively from Screwfix and Toolstation as below:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...84026&id=27936 (10mm)

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...84026&id=91351 (12mm)

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...ors/d20/sd2807 (last
item on the list). These are a little dearer than Screwfix but they offer
free P&P at the moment.

HTH

John

Set Square

My new taps seem to just have 1/2" thread holes and are supplied with
copper pipes (15mm which thin to 1/2").

I'd rather use flexible connectors but can't find this sort of thing
anywhere.

Is there such a thing as 15mm (compression or push-fit) one end to
1/2" screw on the other end? If so, where can I get them from?

Do you mean like this
http://tinyurl.com/4t9ur ?

These have a 12mm thread and O-ring at one end and a 15mm compression
fitting at the other end.

Besides on-line suppliers like Screwfix, you should find them at any good
plumbers merchants. Make sure you get the right ones - some have 10mm rather
than 12mm threads.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Great. Thats it...

Can't believe I bought all my stuff from B+Q rather than these places
which are MUCH cheaper....

Do you reckon B+Q will take unpackaged bits back ??? :-)