Grunff

Default Flexible bath tap connectors

Huge wrote:
I've just come to putting the bath taps on the bath (which involves drilling
holes in the bath - gulp!) and I discover I have no appropriate fittings
to connect the taps to the water supply. A slight problem.

The tap bases are about the same internal diameter as 22mm, but externally
threaded, and hence are about 25mm externally.

Is this the appropriate connector?;

Yup, that's the one. Beware of the Screwfix pushfit version of the same
connector - the pushfit fitting on it is awful.

--
Grunff
[news]

"Grunff" wrote in message ...
Huge wrote:
I've just come to putting the bath taps on the bath (which involves drilling
holes in the bath - gulp!) and I discover I have no appropriate fittings
to connect the taps to the water supply. A slight problem.

The tap bases are about the same internal diameter as 22mm, but externally
threaded, and hence are about 25mm externally.

Is this the appropriate connector?;

Yup, that's the one. Beware of the Screwfix pushfit version of the same
connector - the pushfit fitting on it is awful.

agreed.

I used the white 1m long compression ~~ tap conn ones from B&Q.

RT

Security like

It'll do the job alright, but on a more negative note, it'll seriously
reduce the flow to your hot water fill. The bore in those flexi-connectors
is tiny compared to full-bore 22mm copper. The cold doesn't usually matter
as the feed is generally mains pressure.

HTH

@MIKE@
"Huge" wrote in message
I've just come to putting the bath taps on the bath (which involves

drilling
holes in the bath - gulp!) and I discover I have no appropriate fittings
to connect the taps to the water supply. A slight problem.

The tap bases are about the same internal diameter as 22mm, but externally
threaded, and hence are about 25mm externally.

Is this the appropriate connector?;

Dave Jones

"Huge" wrote in message
I've just come to putting the bath taps on the bath (which involves
drilling
holes in the bath - gulp!) and I discover I have no appropriate fittings
to connect the taps to the water supply. A slight problem.

The tap bases are about the same internal diameter as 22mm, but externally
threaded, and hence are about 25mm externally.

Is this the appropriate connector?;

Or this one and no postage!

http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=58994

[news]

"Security like" wrote in message ...
It'll do the job alright, but on a more negative note, it'll seriously
reduce the flow to your hot water fill. The bore in those flexi-connectors
is tiny compared to full-bore 22mm copper. The cold doesn't usually matter
as the feed is generally mains pressure.

HTH

I've got no flow problems with combi ~ 22mm ~ flexi ~. bath tap and I'm
reliably informed that the only issue in the case of hot water storage tank
~ 22mm ~ tap would be flow rate and that would be negligible in real
world applications.

hth

RT

TheScullster

I've used flexis for both sink and bath recently and notice that the bore
does vary between manufacturers.
Also, on the subject of reduced flow, I believe the sink feed has suffered
this problem, but more due to the inclusion of the obligatory non-return
valves for mixer tap installation!

Phil

Bath advice Martin Wilson UK diy 2 November 13th 04 06:44 AM
Sealant around bath not setting! BraileTrail UK diy 14 January 14th 04 08:49 PM
Flexible connectors PoP UK diy 9 October 23rd 03 05:44 PM
Rubber strip for front edge of bath David W.E. Roberts UK diy 9 October 14th 03 11:50 AM