Set Square

My new taps seem to just have 1/2" thread holes and are supplied with
copper pipes (15mm which thin to 1/2").

I'd rather use flexible connectors but can't find this sort of thing
anywhere.

Is there such a thing as 15mm (compression or push-fit) one end to
1/2" screw on the other end? If so, where can I get them from?

Do you mean like this
http://tinyurl.com/4t9ur ?

These have a 12mm thread and O-ring at one end and a 15mm compression
fitting at the other end.

Besides on-line suppliers like Screwfix, you should find them at any good
plumbers merchants. Make sure you get the right ones - some have 10mm rather
than 12mm threads.
--
Cheers,
Set Square