Zikki Malambo

Default Earth provision after replacing water main with MDPE

Just to hijack this thread a moment.

If you have the type of oil fired boiler which is built into the
external wall such that the oil supply pipe never actually enters the
dwelling, is it still necessary to cross bond to it?

(Hint - i'm hoping for an answer in the negative!)
BigWallop

"Zikki Malambo" wrote in message
m...
Just to hijack this thread a moment.

If you have the type of oil fired boiler which is built into the
external wall such that the oil supply pipe never actually enters the
dwelling, is it still necessary to cross bond to it?

(Hint - i'm hoping for an answer in the negative!)

I don't think you should have bulk storage of flammable liquids anywhere near
the main dwelling. I always thought they had to be a certain distance from the
house.

Owain

"Zikki Malambo" wrote
| Just to hijack this thread a moment.
| If you have the type of oil fired boiler which is built into the
| external wall such that the oil supply pipe never actually enters
| the dwelling, is it still necessary to cross bond to it?
| (Hint - i'm hoping for an answer in the negative!)

It might not be necessary to bond to the oil supply pipe, but my thoughts
would be that in such circumstances, the boiler flow/return and other pipes
would be 'services' which would have to be bonded where they enter the
dwelling.

Owain

John

"BigWallop" wrote in message
k...

"Zikki Malambo" wrote in message
m...
Just to hijack this thread a moment.

If you have the type of oil fired boiler which is built into the
external wall such that the oil supply pipe never actually enters the
dwelling, is it still necessary to cross bond to it?

(Hint - i'm hoping for an answer in the negative!)

I don't think you should have bulk storage of flammable liquids anywhere
near
the main dwelling. I always thought they had to be a certain distance
from the
house.

1.8 metres from a "hole" into the dwelling such as a door, window, large
vent, soffit vents etc unless protected from heat radiation (fire)

BigWallop

"John" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message
k...

"Zikki Malambo" wrote in message
m...
Just to hijack this thread a moment.

If you have the type of oil fired boiler which is built into the
external wall such that the oil supply pipe never actually enters the
dwelling, is it still necessary to cross bond to it?

(Hint - i'm hoping for an answer in the negative!)

I don't think you should have bulk storage of flammable liquids anywhere
near
the main dwelling. I always thought they had to be a certain distance
from the
house.

1.8 metres from a "hole" into the dwelling such as a door, window, large
vent, soffit vents etc unless protected from heat radiation (fire)

Thanks John, I knew I read something like that somewhere.

Replacing water main with MDPE pipe - will it help my pressure? Lobster UK diy 10 August 30th 04 02:14 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 02:01 AM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM