John

"BigWallop" wrote in message
k...

"Zikki Malambo" wrote in message
m...
Just to hijack this thread a moment.

If you have the type of oil fired boiler which is built into the
external wall such that the oil supply pipe never actually enters the
dwelling, is it still necessary to cross bond to it?

(Hint - i'm hoping for an answer in the negative!)

I don't think you should have bulk storage of flammable liquids anywhere
near
the main dwelling. I always thought they had to be a certain distance
from the
house.

1.8 metres from a "hole" into the dwelling such as a door, window, large
vent, soffit vents etc unless protected from heat radiation (fire)