DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Earth provision after replacing water main with MDPE (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/85886-earth-provision-after-replacing-water-main-mdpe.html)

Zikki Malambo January 12th 05 09:09 AM

Earth provision after replacing water main with MDPE

Just to hijack this thread a moment.

If you have the type of oil fired boiler which is built into the
external wall such that the oil supply pipe never actually enters the
dwelling, is it still necessary to cross bond to it?

(Hint - i'm hoping for an answer in the negative!)

BigWallop January 12th 05 10:53 AM

"Zikki Malambo" wrote in message
m...
Just to hijack this thread a moment.

If you have the type of oil fired boiler which is built into the
external wall such that the oil supply pipe never actually enters the
dwelling, is it still necessary to cross bond to it?

(Hint - i'm hoping for an answer in the negative!)

I don't think you should have bulk storage of flammable liquids anywhere near
the main dwelling. I always thought they had to be a certain distance from the
house.

Owain January 12th 05 01:34 PM

"Zikki Malambo" wrote
| Just to hijack this thread a moment.
| If you have the type of oil fired boiler which is built into the
| external wall such that the oil supply pipe never actually enters
| the dwelling, is it still necessary to cross bond to it?
| (Hint - i'm hoping for an answer in the negative!)

It might not be necessary to bond to the oil supply pipe, but my thoughts
would be that in such circumstances, the boiler flow/return and other pipes
would be 'services' which would have to be bonded where they enter the
dwelling.

Owain

John January 12th 05 05:30 PM

"BigWallop" wrote in message
k...

"Zikki Malambo" wrote in message
m...
Just to hijack this thread a moment.

If you have the type of oil fired boiler which is built into the
external wall such that the oil supply pipe never actually enters the
dwelling, is it still necessary to cross bond to it?

(Hint - i'm hoping for an answer in the negative!)

I don't think you should have bulk storage of flammable liquids anywhere
near
the main dwelling. I always thought they had to be a certain distance
from the
house.

1.8 metres from a "hole" into the dwelling such as a door, window, large
vent, soffit vents etc unless protected from heat radiation (fire)

BigWallop January 12th 05 07:32 PM

"John" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message
k...

"Zikki Malambo" wrote in message
m...
Just to hijack this thread a moment.

If you have the type of oil fired boiler which is built into the
external wall such that the oil supply pipe never actually enters the
dwelling, is it still necessary to cross bond to it?

(Hint - i'm hoping for an answer in the negative!)

I don't think you should have bulk storage of flammable liquids anywhere
near
the main dwelling. I always thought they had to be a certain distance
from the
house.

1.8 metres from a "hole" into the dwelling such as a door, window, large
vent, soffit vents etc unless protected from heat radiation (fire)

Thanks John, I knew I read something like that somewhere.