Junior Member

Default Zanussi FLE1416 not completing cycle

Hi All,
Need a little help with my Zanussi FLE 1416. Got home from work one day to find it beeping away merrily and full of water after failing to drain. When i opened the fluff filter it was full. So i cleaned it out but since then i can't get it to run through a cycle properly. I have checked the drain is clear, the inlet filter, blown through the pressure switch line to check they are clear and heard the switch make and break. I enter the engineers menu and it told me the last fault was the fluff filter, I stepped through the engineers menu and all the different features worked. It prewashed, washed rinsed, heated the water, slow spin, high speed spin and then drained down. I switched the machine off the exit engineers mode, select a program and it starts washing and after a couple of minutes it just stops at no particular point, sometimes it will run on for about 20 minutes.
I called a local engineer in who after looking at it for 4 days told me he couldn't find anything wrong but it wouldn't run throught for him. So he brought it back and still no machine.
so I wondered if anyone out there could help me.

Thanks

Dez
Peter

"dezzie" wrote in message

[...]

At the point it stops it should flash up an error code if not what happens ?

Peter

Pete C

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:09:26 +0000, dezzie
wrote:

[...]

Hi,

Maybe it's an iffy sensor or sensor connection, which is ignored in
engineering mode but stops a normal program. Try checking voltages
at/across the different sensors before and after it halts, or
disconnecting/bypassing sensors to see whether that halts it or not.
Is there an overflow sensor that could be defective in some way?

Also check the connections at the control unit and whether the unit
itself has suffered water damage.

cheers,
Pete.
Junior Member

Hi,

Maybe it's an iffy sensor or sensor connection, which is ignored in
engineering mode but stops a normal program. Try checking voltages
at/across the different sensors before and after it halts, or
disconnecting/bypassing sensors to see whether that halts it or not.
Is there an overflow sensor that could be defective in some way?

Also check the connections at the control unit and whether the unit
itself has suffered water damage.

cheers,
Pete.[/quote]

Thanks mate, I'll Have a look into the sensors and let you know how it goes.

Dez