Heather Kara

Default Zanussi noisy spin cycle

Hi, I've got a five year old Zanussi that has just started making
noise during the spin cycle - it's a clackety noise, like a roulette
wheel when hand spinning. When it does a spin cycle, I get a burning
smell so something is obviously not right. I thought I might have
something stuck between inner drum and case, but not sure how to check
this. Also considered that a part might have come loose that needs
checking.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Also, are there any manuals out
there? I'm used to taking things apart and putting them back
together, but I sometimes wonder if I'm removing a screw that
shouldn't be removed!

Cheers.
Wainscotting

"Heather Kara" wrote in message
m...
Hi, I've got a five year old Zanussi that has just started making
noise during the spin cycle - it's a clackety noise, like a roulette
wheel when hand spinning. When it does a spin cycle, I get a burning
smell so something is obviously not right. I thought I might have
something stuck between inner drum and case, but not sure how to check
this. Also considered that a part might have come loose that needs
checking.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Also, are there any manuals out
there? I'm used to taking things apart and putting them back
together, but I sometimes wonder if I'm removing a screw that
shouldn't be removed!

Cheers.

Had a similar thing on my Zanussi and it turned out to be the motor. The
armature? was worn in such a way as to make a clickety clackety noise with
the brushes as it revolved.

Peter

"Wainscotting" wrote in message

[...]

Bra wire is common in tub, take belt off to see if its motorr or drum making
the noise.

Peter

Reddi-sparks

[...]

just replaced my motor after a lot of smoke poured out after it started to
get noisy. motor was easy enough to change. working a treat again. funnily
enough mines about 5 years as well.

Larry

Heather Kara

"Peter" wrote in message ...
[...]

Ah, good thinking. I did as you said and it was definately the motor.

Next question. Removing the brushes made the noise go away, do I
replace the brushes, the motor, or can I replace a part of the motor?

TIA,
Heather.
Heather Kara

"Reddi-sparks" wrote in message . uk...
[...]

Hmmm, well I'm glad I decided to have a go at fixing it myself rather
than ditching it for a new one. I do like it and now that I have the
proper tools, it's much easier to get inside!

Heather
Wainscotting

"Heather Kara" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Got my replacement motor from here
http://shop.ezee-fix.co.uk/Ezee_FixS...nussi_944.html about a
year ago.

Heather Kara

[...]

Cheers - I've now just ordered a replacement motor from them. I'm
hoping it's in stock and hoping that it arrives tomorrow so I can get
started on this mountain of laundery! Thanks to everyone for thier
help, tips, comments.

Heather.