Wainscotting

"Heather Kara" wrote in message
m...
Hi, I've got a five year old Zanussi that has just started making
noise during the spin cycle - it's a clackety noise, like a roulette
wheel when hand spinning. When it does a spin cycle, I get a burning
smell so something is obviously not right. I thought I might have
something stuck between inner drum and case, but not sure how to check
this. Also considered that a part might have come loose that needs
checking.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Also, are there any manuals out
there? I'm used to taking things apart and putting them back
together, but I sometimes wonder if I'm removing a screw that
shouldn't be removed!

Cheers.

Had a similar thing on my Zanussi and it turned out to be the motor. The
armature? was worn in such a way as to make a clickety clackety noise with
the brushes as it revolved.