Arthur

Default C/heating Pipework

Me again.
I purchased a Worcester 28i Combi with flue extension.

Would you recommend push-fit pipe fittings..beyond the copper pipework
required to connect to the boiler?

I will hire a CH engineer to install the boiler and light it up...but do
they mind if
the home owner installs his own tubework...might he/she throw a fit and
refuse to
do the work?

Arthur.

troubleinstore

Arthur wrote:

Me again.
I purchased a Worcester 28i Combi with flue extension.

Would you recommend push-fit pipe fittings..beyond the copper pipework
required to connect to the boiler?

I will hire a CH engineer to install the boiler and light it up...but do
they mind if
the home owner installs his own tubework...might he/she throw a fit and
refuse to
do the work?

Arthur.

Some are ok about you even installing the boiler yourself and
just having them to come and check it and then pipe it up to the
gas, some take great delight in telling you that you are not
allowed to do anything at all.
To cut down on cost, you could ask a corgi registered fitter to
come and install it for you but tell him that you only want the
hot water side of the boiler working and that eventually, when
funds permit, you will have the central heating side done, then
do it yourself. This is what I shall do when I move into my next
house if CH is not fitted.
Plastic pipe should not be fitted within I think it is 1m of the
boiler so after that it should be ok from what it says in my
installation guide for my combi.
--
troubleinstore (http://troubleinstore.members.beeb.net)
Paper2002AD

I fitted a combi boiler and complete CH system in a two bed terraced house (for
letting), having first asked a co-operative Corgi guy if he would make the
final gas connections at the boiler and meter. he then tested it and gave me
the necessary certificate for £50
Simon Stroud

"Arthur" wrote in message
Me again.
I purchased a Worcester 28i Combi with flue extension.

Would you recommend push-fit pipe fittings..beyond the copper pipework
required to connect to the boiler?

I will hire a CH engineer to install the boiler and light it up...but do
they mind if
the home owner installs his own tubework...might he/she throw a fit and
refuse to
do the work?

That would be one way.

Alternatively they might make up an amusingly high price for an "install
only" job. Don't forget they usuaally expect to also get an extremely
attractive income by supplying the boiler at a normal price after getting a
very handsome discount at the local plumber's merchant and, if they fit
enough of a particular brand, a holiday or at least a monogrammed toolbag as
well. When I was trying to find someone local to do an install only on my
Eco Hometec (badged MAN Micromat) combi, the most entertaining quote I got
was around £1800 for install only. OK it included some moving around of
pipework and chopping out the old cylinder and tanks but the guy was taking
the p**s. I think there was something a bit pikey about him as well but I
may have been imagining that. Oh, he also wanted to do the good old "power
flush" scam for about an extra £500.

Good luck.
Simon.

Arthur

"Simon Stroud" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
[...]

I shouldn't have read this at 10 past midnight!
I'm gonna have nightmares with a lot of zeros in them.

Thanks for the warning.

Arthur.

MIKE THORNE

"Arthur" wrote in message
Me again.
I purchased a Worcester 28i Combi with flue extension.

Would you recommend push-fit pipe fittings..beyond the copper pipework
required to connect to the boiler?

I will hire a CH engineer to install the boiler and light it up...but do
they mind if
the home owner installs his own tubework...might he/she throw a fit and
refuse to
do the work?

Arthur.

No problem with the push-fit but don't forget the inserts.
If you pressurize your pipe-work first they may be less reluctant.
Don't touch the gas.
Noticed from another post
Flushing is a must. If your system is about 10 years old and full of sludge
would you want you new boiler especially a combi sucking up all that c**p,
the manufacturers certainly don't

BillV

"Arthur" wrote in message
Me again.
I purchased a Worcester 28i Combi with flue extension.

Would you recommend push-fit pipe fittings..beyond the copper pipework
required to connect to the boiler?

Thats what many so-called pros use..
But never use push-fit for gas.

I will hire a CH engineer to install the boiler and light it up...but do
they mind if the home owner installs his own tubework...might he/she throw

a fit and
refuse todo the work?

Arthur.

In some areas, e.g. London, its virtually impossible to get anyone to just
do boiler install bit.
Modern combis are easy to install .. do it yourself.

Shower Pump Pipework Justin UK diy 1 February 16th 04 11:21 PM
Steel gas pipework and new copper pipework David Hearn UK diy 5 February 5th 04 04:41 PM
Gas Combi Boiler Pressure Relief Pipework & Building Regs Mitch UK diy 8 December 7th 03 11:11 AM
How do you solder pipework which is at the lowest point of the circuit? PoP UK diy 12 October 2nd 03 07:17 AM