Justin

Default Shower Pump Pipework

Following on from my previous post on the subject I'm a bit closer now to
doing the pipework having sorted the electrics this weekend.

I'm just about to fit a new 2.25 bar shower pump to my existing ststem. I am
also moving the bath and shower around so I will have chance to re-run some
of the pipework which is 15mm.

Ideally I would like to replace this from the pump with 22mm pipe for better
flow, but there is a 3 or 4m section which I can't gain access to. Because
of this I'm wondering if it will be worth upgrading the pipework I can
access to 22mm, or would this be pointless? This would be fairly easy with
Hep2o or similar.

So system would then be a short run of 22mm from the HWC to pump, a short
section off 22mm before stepping down to 15mm for 3 or 4 metres, and then 4
meters of the new 22mm to the shower/bath valve.

---

Rob Nicholson

So system would then be a short run of 22mm from the HWC to pump, a short
section off 22mm before stepping down to 15mm for 3 or 4 metres, and then

4
meters of the new 22mm to the shower/bath valve.

Well as the bottleneck is the pump which is 15mm and probably the showerhead
as well, I would have thought 15mm from the pump would be fine. Also, the
pump is pushing the water through anyway a relatively short distance.

A complete 22mm shower pump system would probably flatted you against the
back wall :-)

Rob.

Plumbing shower booster pump without connecting to electric supply mains Ghazali UK diy 43 February 16th 04 11:17 PM
Shower Pump Martin UK diy 2 January 26th 04 10:23 PM
Shower pump for can type shower head. steve UK diy 3 January 16th 04 11:38 AM
Shower pump, whole bathroom? Simon Avery UK diy 13 November 25th 03 10:09 AM
shower pump in loft problem advice required Gary Holt UK diy 3 October 2nd 03 01:57 PM