troubleinstore

Default C/heating Pipework

Arthur wrote:

Me again.
I purchased a Worcester 28i Combi with flue extension.

Would you recommend push-fit pipe fittings..beyond the copper pipework
required to connect to the boiler?

I will hire a CH engineer to install the boiler and light it up...but do
they mind if
the home owner installs his own tubework...might he/she throw a fit and
refuse to
do the work?

Arthur.

Some are ok about you even installing the boiler yourself and
just having them to come and check it and then pipe it up to the
gas, some take great delight in telling you that you are not
allowed to do anything at all.
To cut down on cost, you could ask a corgi registered fitter to
come and install it for you but tell him that you only want the
hot water side of the boiler working and that eventually, when
funds permit, you will have the central heating side done, then
do it yourself. This is what I shall do when I move into my next
house if CH is not fitted.
Plastic pipe should not be fitted within I think it is 1m of the
boiler so after that it should be ok from what it says in my
installation guide for my combi.
--
troubleinstore (http://troubleinstore.members.beeb.net)