Arthur

Default C/heating Pipework

"Simon Stroud" wrote in message

"Arthur" wrote in message
Me again.
I purchased a Worcester 28i Combi with flue extension.

Would you recommend push-fit pipe fittings..beyond the copper pipework
required to connect to the boiler?

I will hire a CH engineer to install the boiler and light it up...but do
they mind if
the home owner installs his own tubework...might he/she throw a fit and
refuse to
do the work?

That would be one way.

Alternatively they might make up an amusingly high price for an "install
only" job. Don't forget they usuaally expect to also get an extremely
attractive income by supplying the boiler at a normal price after getting

very handsome discount at the local plumber's merchant and, if they fit
enough of a particular brand, a holiday or at least a monogrammed toolbag

as
well. When I was trying to find someone local to do an install only on my
Eco Hometec (badged MAN Micromat) combi, the most entertaining quote I got
was around £1800 for install only. OK it included some moving around of
pipework and chopping out the old cylinder and tanks but the guy was

taking
the p**s. I think there was something a bit pikey about him as well but I
may have been imagining that. Oh, he also wanted to do the good old "power
flush" scam for about an extra £500.

Good luck.
Simon.

I shouldn't have read this at 10 past midnight!
I'm gonna have nightmares with a lot of zeros in them.

Thanks for the warning.

Arthur.