Dan delaMare-Lyon

Default Anyone know who makes this kitchen?

SWMBO has asked that if I don't get the new job i'm going for (which
would mean a major move south) we can do the kitchen in our existing
house next summer.

She's seen something on the Aga website that she likes - but I'm
fecked if I've seen it anywhere before.

Anyone know who makes this - or anything even remotely like it

http://www.agalinks.co.uk/Addressbook_93.htm

It's the cram thick set shaker style one with the doors *inside* the
carcases - not on the top of.

I'm expecting you'll all say - that's hand built mate - in which case
she can start looking again

Cheers
Dan.
Andy Hall

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:36:35 GMT, Dan delaMare-Lyon
wrote:

SWMBO has asked that if I don't get the new job i'm going for (which
would mean a major move south) we can do the kitchen in our existing
house next summer.

She's seen something on the Aga website that she likes - but I'm
fecked if I've seen it anywhere before.

Anyone know who makes this - or anything even remotely like it

http://www.agalinks.co.uk/Addressbook_93.htm

It's the cram thick set shaker style one with the doors *inside* the
carcases - not on the top of.

I'm expecting you'll all say - that's hand built mate - in which case
she can start looking again

Cheers
Dan.

Try contacting Aga, Dan. They are very helpful and should be able to
give you the info.

I'm fairly sure you're right about handbuilt, though.

You could get her the Aga instead :-)

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Neil Jones

"Dan delaMare-Lyon" wrote in message
news
SWMBO has asked that if I don't get the new job i'm going for (which
would mean a major move south) we can do the kitchen in our existing
house next summer.

She's seen something on the Aga website that she likes - but I'm
fecked if I've seen it anywhere before.

Anyone know who makes this - or anything even remotely like it

http://www.agalinks.co.uk/Addressbook_93.htm

It's the cram thick set shaker style one with the doors *inside* the
carcases - not on the top of.

I'm expecting you'll all say - that's hand built mate - in which case
she can start looking again

Cheers
Dan.

My kitchen has doors in the frame, rather than lay-on. I think the doors
are by a company called Phoenix Kitchens or something like that - I
don't think they're online.

It wasn't really any more expensive to have doors like this.

HTH

Neil

Dan delaMare-Lyon

On 2004-11-26, Andy Hall wrote:

Try contacting Aga, Dan. They are very helpful and should be able to
give you the info.

Have done already - they are trying to find out - but the person who
built that display is no longer there apparently - they'll get back to
me tho.

I'm fairly sure you're right about handbuilt, though.

Yeeees - sadly.

You could get her the Aga instead :-)

Don't you start ;-)

She got this huge pack of stuff thru from Aga and said "don't worry -
it's only for the picture of the kitchen I would like". Me - worry -
what got me going tho was the prices circled. I am *not* paying 8
grand for an Aga Especially not when I just got the heating
working properly.

Cheers
Dan.
Dan delaMare-Lyon

On 2004-11-26, Neil Jones wrote:

My kitchen has doors in the frame, rather than lay-on. I think the doors
are by a company called Phoenix Kitchens or something like that - I
don't think they're online.

It wasn't really any more expensive to have doors like this.

Ta Neil - will start searching.

Cheers
Dan.

Andy

"Dan delaMare-Lyon" wrote in message
news
SWMBO has asked that if I don't get the new job i'm going for (which
would mean a major move south) we can do the kitchen in our existing
house next summer.

She's seen something on the Aga website that she likes - but I'm
fecked if I've seen it anywhere before.

Anyone know who makes this - or anything even remotely like it

http://www.agalinks.co.uk/Addressbook_93.htm

It's the cram thick set shaker style one with the doors *inside* the
carcases - not on the top of.

I'm expecting you'll all say - that's hand built mate - in which case
she can start looking again

Cheers
Dan.

It looks very much like the Artisan kitchen from John Lewis of Hungerford.
www.john-lewis.co.uk

Andy

Andy Hall

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:26:41 -0000, "Andy" wrote:

[...]

Not to be confused with John Lewis of "Never knowlingly oversold".

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:59:05 GMT, Dan delaMare-Lyon

On 2004-11-26, Andy Hall wrote:

Try contacting Aga, Dan. They are very helpful and should be able to
give you the info.

Have done already - they are trying to find out - but the person who
built that display is no longer there apparently - they'll get back to
me tho.

I'm fairly sure you're right about handbuilt, though.

Yeeees - sadly.

As Andy said, it does look like one of the artisan designs - I just
saw an ad in a period homes magazine.

You could get her the Aga instead :-)

Don't you start ;-)

She got this huge pack of stuff thru from Aga and said "don't worry -
it's only for the picture of the kitchen I would like". Me - worry -
what got me going tho was the prices circled. I am *not* paying 8
grand for an Aga Especially not when I just got the heating
working properly.

Nah. They're only around six, although maybe a bit more with flue.
Worth every penny (said he sitting next to his with laptop and WLAN)

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Neil Jones

"Andy" wrote in message

"Dan delaMare-Lyon" wrote in message
news

It's the cram thick set shaker style one with the doors *inside* the
carcases - not on the top of.

It looks very much like the Artisan kitchen from John Lewis of

Hungerford.
www.john-lewis.co.uk

Andy

I couldn't see anything on there that looked like an in-frame door - was
there a picture you were referring to in particular?

Neil

Colin

Nah. They're only around six, although maybe a bit more with flue.
Worth every penny (said he sitting next to his with laptop and WLAN)

I have a wifi black spot next to mine :-(

Colin

Andy

On 2004-11-26, Andy Hall wrote:

[...]

Extremely jeleaous (said he sitting in an air conditioned cocoon). Not sure
it is an Artisan now tho'. As Neil points out the artisan has
"conventional" (in a modern sense) style doors with hidden hinges.

Dan delaMare-Lyon

On 2004-11-26, Andy Hall wrote:

You could get her the Aga instead :-)

Don't you start ;-)

She got this huge pack of stuff thru from Aga and said "don't worry -
it's only for the picture of the kitchen I would like". Me - worry -
what got me going tho was the prices circled. I am *not* paying 8
grand for an Aga Especially not when I just got the heating
working properly.

Nah. They're only around six, although maybe a bit more with flue.
Worth every penny (said he sitting next to his with laptop and WLAN)

I have two dogs who are almost magnetically attracted to heat. I'd
love one - but know that the closest I'd manage to get to it would be
about 3ft away as they'd stretch out in front......(weimaraners before
anyone asks "how" to 3ft).

And don't ask how much the "aga" fridge/freezer are....

Cheers
Dan.
Andy Hall

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:51:33 GMT, Dan delaMare-Lyon

On 2004-11-26, Andy Hall wrote:

You could get her the Aga instead :-)

Don't you start ;-)

She got this huge pack of stuff thru from Aga and said "don't worry -
it's only for the picture of the kitchen I would like". Me - worry -
what got me going tho was the prices circled. I am *not* paying 8
grand for an Aga Especially not when I just got the heating
working properly.

Nah. They're only around six, although maybe a bit more with flue.
Worth every penny (said he sitting next to his with laptop and WLAN)

I have two dogs who are almost magnetically attracted to heat. I'd
love one - but know that the closest I'd manage to get to it would be
about 3ft away as they'd stretch out in front......(weimaraners before
anyone asks "how" to 3ft).

You would be in trouble - even with the 4 oven.

I hadn't seen weimaraners before. THey appear to be like svelte
labradors with a short tail. If the behaviour is anything like a
labrador, you can definitely forget coming between them and the heat.

And don't ask how much the "aga" fridge/freezer are....

Haven't looked. £3k?

Cheers
Dan.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Badger

Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:
SWMBO has asked that if I don't get the new job i'm going for (which
would mean a major move south) we can do the kitchen in our existing
house next summer.

She's seen something on the Aga website that she likes - but I'm
fecked if I've seen it anywhere before.

Anyone know who makes this - or anything even remotely like it

http://www.agalinks.co.uk/Addressbook_93.htm

Hummm, Shastons kitchens, Winchester, expensive hand-built.
Owain

"Andy Hall" wrote
| I have two dogs who are almost magnetically attracted to heat.
| I'd love one - but know that the closest I'd manage to get to
| it would be about 3ft away as they'd stretch out in front......
| (weimaraners before anyone asks "how" to 3ft).
| You would be in trouble - even with the 4 oven.
| I hadn't seen weimaraners before. THey appear to be like svelte
| labradors with a short tail. If the behaviour is anything like
| a labrador, you can definitely forget coming between them and the
| heat.

I lived in a house with a w~ once. Lovely dog apart from the facts that it

a. was oversize for the breed
b. was doubly incontinent
c. smelled
d. had the intelligence of a lobotomised amoeba on lithium
e. thought he was cute and cuddly and belonged on people's laps
f. bit the cleaner[1]

| And don't ask how much the "aga" fridge/freezer are....
| Haven't looked. £3k?

Do they have to have the Aga man in every six months to defrost
them?

Owain

[1] As in charlady, not an electromechanical suction apparatus

Andy Hall

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:54:33 -0000, "Owain"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote
| I have two dogs who are almost magnetically attracted to heat.
| I'd love one - but know that the closest I'd manage to get to
| it would be about 3ft away as they'd stretch out in front......
| (weimaraners before anyone asks "how" to 3ft).
| You would be in trouble - even with the 4 oven.
| I hadn't seen weimaraners before. THey appear to be like svelte
| labradors with a short tail. If the behaviour is anything like
| a labrador, you can definitely forget coming between them and the
| heat.

I lived in a house with a w~ once. Lovely dog apart from the facts that it

a. was oversize for the breed
b. was doubly incontinent
c. smelled
d. had the intelligence of a lobotomised amoeba on lithium
e. thought he was cute and cuddly and belonged on people's laps
f. bit the cleaner[1]

Was its name Twojags by any chance? ;-)

| And don't ask how much the "aga" fridge/freezer are....
| Haven't looked. £3k?

Do they have to have the Aga man in every six months to defrost
them?

Nah.

Owain

[1] As in charlady, not an electromechanical suction apparatus

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
The Natural Philosopher

On 2004-11-26, Andy Hall wrote:

Try contacting Aga, Dan. They are very helpful and should be able to
give you the info.

Have done already - they are trying to find out - but the person who
built that display is no longer there apparently - they'll get back to
me tho.

I'm fairly sure you're right about handbuilt, though.

Yeeees - sadly.

You could get her the Aga instead :-)

Don't you start ;-)

She got this huge pack of stuff thru from Aga and said "don't worry -
it's only for the picture of the kitchen I would like". Me - worry -
what got me going tho was the prices circled. I am *not* paying 8
grand for an Aga Especially not when I just got the heating
working properly.

Blimey. Even with an electric stove on the side,mine was only 6 grand..

Cheers
Dan.

Dan delaMare-Lyon

On 2004-11-26, Andy Hall wrote:

I have two dogs who are almost magnetically attracted to heat. I'd
love one - but know that the closest I'd manage to get to it would be
about 3ft away as they'd stretch out in front......(weimaraners before
anyone asks "how" to 3ft).

You would be in trouble - even with the 4 oven.

I hadn't seen weimaraners before. THey appear to be like svelte
labradors with a short tail. If the behaviour is anything like a
labrador, you can definitely forget coming between them and the heat.

Taller and less wide than the labrador. When at "working weight" able
to give a greyhound a good run for it's money. We've got one with a
long tail (aka the table clearer) and one docked. Either way - you
don't move them when they are settled - which would always be next to
the heat - they weigh 75kg between them....lovely dogs - pity about
the heat problem tho ;-)

And don't ask how much the "aga" fridge/freezer are....

Haven't looked. £3k?

You'd have enough change from that for a decent washing machine. I
think the sheet said £2500 each.....damn - that'd better go out and
find vegetables and freeze them itself for that money...

Cheers
Dan.
Dan delaMare-Lyon

On 2004-11-26, Badger wrote:

Anyone know who makes this - or anything even remotely like it

http://www.agalinks.co.uk/Addressbook_93.htm

Hummm, Shastons kitchens, Winchester, expensive hand-built.

BUGGER. Thanks.

Dan.
Dan delaMare-Lyon

On 2004-11-29, Neil Jones wrote:

Found the tin but it just has "Phoenix ref: ", "Client: " and "Colour:
Boston Cream". No phone number or anything like that.

Neil, it's a start - thanks

Cheers
Dan.

Neil Jones

On 2004-11-29, Neil Jones wrote:

Found the tin but it just has "Phoenix ref: ", "Client: " and

"Colour:
Boston Cream". No phone number or anything like that.

Neil, it's a start - thanks

Cheers
Dan.

You're welcome. However, I may have misled you slightly on the cost. I
dug out the quote we had from the kitchen installer from June 2001 and
the in-frame doors worked out as an extra £50 per door, + VAT.

Hope this doesn't put you off too much - I really like the style of an
in-frame door vs lay-on.

HTH

Neil

Dan delaMare-Lyon

On 2004-11-30, Neil Jones wrote:

You're welcome. However, I may have misled you slightly on the cost. I
dug out the quote we had from the kitchen installer from June 2001 and
the in-frame doors worked out as an extra £50 per door, + VAT.

Hope this doesn't put you off too much - I really like the style of an
in-frame door vs lay-on.

£50 *per door* - for £50 per door I could buy the tools and make the
damn thing myself! Hmmm - will have to ponder a bit I think. We
don't actaully need that many cabinets - but SWMBO will be designing -
I'll just be saying - give me an extra 4 inches there for pipes etc
etc.

Realised last night that this will be the perfect arrangemetn (the way
we will *have* to do the kitchen) to pull all the power for under
cabinet lights/new sockets etc in a relatively easy way - so although
it will take a time to do - everything will be hidden. Whoo - that's
so much nicer.

Cheers
Dan.