OverPriced

Default Zanussi Spares Expensive

I've got a Zanussi DW24 disk washer which has 2 problems.

1.. The wheels on the baskets both top and bottom have failed and some
companies are trying to charge me over £5 per wheel, with a total of 16
wheels (8 on top and 8 below) this is £80 for a few pieces of plastic.
2.. Also there is a PTFE washer on the motor which is wearing and caused
the motor to make a whining noise.

I can get this washer Zanussi tried to sell me a new motor!!!!

With the wheels costing over £80 in total plus delivery, plus how ever much
the motor costs. It's now cheaper to replace the machine for a few failing
parts that should be cheap to replace.

Why do Zanussi charge so much for these parts and is there a cheaper place
to get them. I assume these parts probably only cost 2-3 pounds to produce
for the lot!!!

Any help on places to get these parts with out the inflated prices.

Grunff

OverPriced wrote:

1.. The wheels on the baskets both top and bottom have failed and some
companies are trying to charge me over £5 per wheel, with a total of 16
wheels (8 on top and 8 below) this is £80 for a few pieces of plastic.
2.. Also there is a PTFE washer on the motor which is wearing and caused
the motor to make a whining noise.

I can get this washer Zanussi tried to sell me a new motor!!!!

Just be grateful it isn't a Bosch.

--
Grunff
Ian Stirling

OverPriced wrote:
I've got a Zanussi DW24 disk washer which has 2 problems.

snip
Any help on places to get these parts with out the inflated prices.

I have not checked prices.
http://www.cpc.co.uk/

They have a much wider range of stock if you call them than is available
on the website.
Ren Hoek

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:54:07 +0100, "OverPriced"
wrote:

I've got a Zanussi DW24 disk washer which has 2 problems.

1.. The wheels on the baskets both top and bottom have failed and some
companies are trying to charge me over £5 per wheel, with a total of 16
wheels (8 on top and 8 below) this is £80 for a few pieces of plastic.
2.. Also there is a PTFE washer on the motor which is wearing and caused
the motor to make a whining noise.

I can get this washer Zanussi tried to sell me a new motor!!!!

With the wheels costing over £80 in total plus delivery, plus how ever much
the motor costs. It's now cheaper to replace the machine for a few failing
parts that should be cheap to replace.

I had exactly the same problem with the basket wheels and runners on a
Zanussi d/w that was installed when we moved house last year. I ended
up taking it to the tip and buying a new one as all the parts totalled
75% of the cost of a new one.

It's criminal, especially when the government are spending millions on
promoting recycling, yet companies are allowed to overprice spare
parts.
bof

In message , Ren Hoek
writes
I had exactly the same problem with the basket wheels and runners on a
Zanussi d/w that was installed when we moved house last year. I ended
up taking it to the tip and buying a new one as all the parts totalled
75% of the cost of a new one.

I did just the same with our Zanussi d/w a month back, it simply wasn't
worth buying all the small plastic bits needed, so a basically
functional dishwasher went to the tip.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
currently being spammed at a rate of 5233 a day

Alan

In message , Sploop
wrote

Zanussi washing machine brushes went this week. Cost £40 plus.Rip off yes of
course.

The CPC price for a genuine part is around £15.50 to £16.50 for the pair
of brushes.

--
Alan

OverPriced

Sorry if this message is repeated by OE said it had not posted originally

Has anyone found a 3rd party supplier for these parts ? Or has anyone
questioned the pricing policies from the manufactures ?

"bof" wrote in message
In message , Ren Hoek
writes
I had exactly the same problem with the basket wheels and runners on a
Zanussi d/w that was installed when we moved house last year. I ended
up taking it to the tip and buying a new one as all the parts totalled
75% of the cost of a new one.

I did just the same with our Zanussi d/w a month back, it simply wasn't
worth buying all the small plastic bits needed, so a basically
functional dishwasher went to the tip.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
currently being spammed at a rate of 5233 a day

Ian Stirling

OverPriced wrote:

"bof" wrote in message
In message , Ren Hoek
writes
I had exactly the same problem with the basket wheels and runners on a
Zanussi d/w that was installed when we moved house last year. I ended
up taking it to the tip and buying a new one as all the parts totalled
75% of the cost of a new one.

I did just the same with our Zanussi d/w a month back, it simply wasn't
worth buying all the small plastic bits needed, so a basically
functional dishwasher went to the tip.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
currently being spammed at a rate of 5233 a day

so has anyone tried to find 3rd party parts?
I could not find these from CPC? have i just missed it somewhere ?

Did you try ringing thtm?
CPCs online range is much smaller (for some reason) than what tehy
can get if you phone them with details of the model.
Pete C

wrote:

With the wheels costing over £80 in total plus delivery, plus how ever much
the motor costs. It's now cheaper to replace the machine for a few failing
parts that should be cheap to replace.

I had exactly the same problem with the basket wheels and runners on a
Zanussi d/w that was installed when we moved house last year. I ended
up taking it to the tip and buying a new one as all the parts totalled
75% of the cost of a new one.

It's criminal, especially when the government are spending millions on
promoting recycling, yet companies are allowed to overprice spare
parts.

Hi,

Maybe this guy can help:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

What went wrong with the original wheels and how many are there to
replace? I was planning to get a Zanussi dishwasher soon, this doesn't
give a lot of confidence in their product...

cheers,
Pete.
bof

In message , Pete C
writes
What went wrong with the original wheels and how many are there to
replace? I was planning to get a Zanussi dishwasher soon, this doesn't
give a lot of confidence in their product...

My Zanussi d/w was about 5yo when it got skipped, the problem seemed to
be that the plastic went brittle, I assume with the repeated washing in
hot soapy water, my thought was that I was just unlucky and had got a
machine after they'd changed to a new type of plastic, I wouldn't have
thought they could make machines that have always failed like this and
stay in business.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
currently being spammed at a rate of 5148 a day, that's 1880307 spams a year.