Tony Eva

Default Grey silicone sealant

I need to get hold of some silicone sealant for using on part
of the bathroom floor, but the snag is that aesthetically it
needs to be grey. The usual sources (the sheds, Screwfix,
Toolstation) can do white, clear, and brown, but not grey.
Does anyone know where I can find some?

(Actually, Toolstation *do* have low modulus building sealant in
portland colour, and polysulphide sealant in grey; but I'm not
sure if polysulphide is OK for a bathroom floor? I did get some of
the building sealant but it says 'external use only' and 'skins
in 4-6 hours' which doesn't sound suitable.)

--
Tony
Christian McArdle

I need to get hold of some silicone sealant for using on part
of the bathroom floor, but the snag is that aesthetically it
needs to be grey.

You're sure you're not supposed to be using grout?

http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/b/BITHA6/

Might work. Claims to be marine, but is high modulus acetoxy (vinegar
smelling), so I suspect will work as a general purpose bathroom sealant.

http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/s/SIRPF15LM/

Claims is a polyurethane building sealant, but claims suitability with
"flooring".

No guarantees that either product is what you want.

Christian.

Philip Stokes

In message , on Fri,
15 Oct 2004, Tony Eva writes
I need to get hold of some silicone sealant for using on part
of the bathroom floor, but the snag is that aesthetically it
needs to be grey. The usual sources (the sheds, Screwfix,
Toolstation) can do white, clear, and brown, but not grey.
Does anyone know where I can find some?

I used a grey polyurethane sealant when I lined my en-suite with Mermaid
panels, both in the panel joints and around the gap between the lower
edges of the panels and the tiled floor. ISTR that Mermaid recommended a
particular PU sealant by name, however the stuff cost more than 14
pounds a tube.

I bought similar stuff from a local motor factors for less than half the
price. It's used in the motor industry for panel bonding and sealing.

Phil
Peter Elsden

In article , Tony Eva
writes
I need to get hold of some silicone sealant for using on part
of the bathroom floor, but the snag is that aesthetically it
needs to be grey. The usual sources (the sheds, Screwfix,
Toolstation) can do white, clear, and brown, but not grey.
Does anyone know where I can find some?

Grey is out there as I'm looking at a half used tube of Unibond
waterproof Super all purpose sealant in grey, which I used in our
bathroom. I would have purchased it in either a B&Q or Wickes.
Made by Henkel Home Improvement & Adhesive Products, Winsford, Cheshire
tel: 01606 593933, if a call to them might help.
--
Peter Elsden Runaid Enterprises
email: Broxbourne. Herts
mike. buckley

In message , Tony Eva
writes
I need to get hold of some silicone sealant for using on part
of the bathroom floor, but the snag is that aesthetically it
needs to be grey. The usual sources (the sheds, Screwfix,
Toolstation) can do white, clear, and brown, but not grey.
Does anyone know where I can find some?

(Actually, Toolstation *do* have low modulus building sealant in
portland colour, and polysulphide sealant in grey; but I'm not
sure if polysulphide is OK for a bathroom floor? I did get some of
the building sealant but it says 'external use only' and 'skins
in 4-6 hours' which doesn't sound suitable.)

Keep looking, I got some from Homebase a year or so ago

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2

pjdesign

"Tony Eva" wrote in message
om...
I need to get hold of some silicone sealant for using on part
of the bathroom floor, but the snag is that aesthetically it
needs to be grey. The usual sources (the sheds, Screwfix,
Toolstation) can do white, clear, and brown, but not grey.
Does anyone know where I can find some?

(Actually, Toolstation *do* have low modulus building sealant in
portland colour, and polysulphide sealant in grey; but I'm not
sure if polysulphide is OK for a bathroom floor? I did get some of
the building sealant but it says 'external use only' and 'skins
in 4-6 hours' which doesn't sound suitable.)

--
Tony

Is your Google broken???
Have a look at.
http://www.absealantsltd.com/sealants.htm

Baz

Ian Stirling

Tony Eva wrote:
I need to get hold of some silicone sealant for using on part
of the bathroom floor, but the snag is that aesthetically it
needs to be grey. The usual sources (the sheds, Screwfix,
Toolstation) can do white, clear, and brown, but not grey.
Does anyone know where I can find some?

You can colour sealant.
All you need to do is to find a compatible colour, and mix it in.
Take some white, and add some carbon-black, and it goes grey.

Silicone sealant Graeme UK diy 4 June 11th 04 01:56 PM
Silicone sealant Graeme UK diy 26 May 22nd 04 01:15 AM
Silicone Sealant Alex Bird UK diy 15 March 16th 04 01:10 PM
Black sanitary silicone sealant? Mathew J. Newton UK diy 13 February 19th 04 07:20 PM
coloured silicone sealant Pete Cross UK diy 7 November 19th 03 02:13 PM