R Taylor

Conrad Edwards wrote:
"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:49:11 UTC, Dan delaMare-Lyon
wrote:

Now I'm no biologist, but WTF is going on here??

Neither am I but WTF isa Beeny?

They have babies...

I'd much rather have the Beany Babe than that god-awful woman off
Location, Location, Location....what accent is that?

Being a DIY newsgroup, did Beany get pregnant by herself, or did she get a man in?

good one :-)

RT

MM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 04:38:51 GMT, "R Taylor"
wrote:

wrote:

Now I'm no biologist, but WTF is going on here??

Neither am I but WTF isa Beeny?

They have babies...

I'd much rather have the Beany Babe than that god-awful woman off
Location, Location, Location....what accent is that?

Being a DIY newsgroup, did Beany get pregnant by herself, or did she get a man in?

good one :-)

I wonder if she starts giving advice, which is promptly rejected: "If
I were you, I'd put it there. No, THERE! DON'T ARGUE! JUST DO IT, WILL
YA!"

MM
Christian McArdle

What's wrong with resorting to MFI?

Where do you want me to start? (How about the emergency exit?)

Come on, let's hear it.

Compared with other suppliers of cheaper kitchens, I find them superior.
We're not comparing with John Lewis here.

B&Q = has stock, but limited range, especially of hardwoods
Ikea = weird modern designs, has half the stock, other is always next week,
but isn't
Wickes = see B&Q
MFI = Very extensive range. Choice of prebuilt or flatpack. Large range of
modern and traditional designs, including hardwoods

Christian.

Tim

wrote:

Now I'm no biologist, but WTF is going on here??

Neither am I but WTF isa Beeny?

They have babies...

I'd much rather have the Beany Babe than that god-awful woman off
Location, Location, Location....what accent is that?

Being a DIY newsgroup, did Beany get pregnant by herself, or did she get a man in?

Phone 20 blokes
"Can you come and have a look with a view to doing a job"

Me: 5% turnout
Beeny: 150%

And I bet she wouldn't get palmed of with the work-experience yoof :-/

Timbo

Owain

"Andy Hall" wrote
| "James Hart" wrote:
| That said, I shall be copping a load of Amanda Lamb tonight!
| Is it just me or does she have a really annoying voice?
| No it isn't, and yes she does.

aol and she says everything in silly Janet-and-John sentences.

Owain

MBQ

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:55:47 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

Come on what?

The woman's aesthetically challenged.

I have to be very careful what I write, because SWMBO reads this
sometimes...

I wouldn't worry - doubt if she'd feel threatened :-)

But I don't agree with the assertion that Ms Beeny is aesthetically
challenged; not by a long way.

Two attributes that are not that subtle, and that's about it
though......

Anything more than handful is wasted.
Jan Brock

SB at end - not pregnant, just fat.

The finances of these developments are opaque - the other week SB
asked the developers (I think it was the two baggage handlers) how
much the development had cost and they said they din't know and SB
said "It cost £65,000" - how did she know ? I conclude the orders for
all the stuff are placed by the programme producers who keep a running
tab and negotiate assorted freebies and discounts from suppliers along
the way. Just like in "£1M Property Experiment" it turned out most of
the stuff had been given free.

How come no-one who has been on that show has posted inside
information on it here ? - I bet they all read it.
Clive Summerfield

"MBQ" wrote in message
om...

. ..

Andy Hall wrote:

Come on what?

The woman's aesthetically challenged.

I have to be very careful what I write, because SWMBO reads this
sometimes...

I wouldn't worry - doubt if she'd feel threatened :-)

But I don't agree with the assertion that Ms Beeny is aesthetically
challenged; not by a long way.

Two attributes that are not that subtle, and that's about it
though......

Anything more than handful is wasted.

Anyone who says that, lacks imagination. It's always nice to have room to
roam.

Malc

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 19:26:03 +0100, "James Hart"
wrote:

MM wrote:

I don't know why you're all so hung up on the baby element! It's a
programme about making money from property refurbishment, not on how
the presenter looks. That said, I shall be copping a load of Amanda
Lamb tonight!

Is it just me or does she have a really annoying voice?

No it isn't, and yes she does.

Who she?

--
Malc

Clive Summerfield

"Malc" wrote in message
om...

. ..
wrote:

MM wrote:

I don't know why you're all so hung up on the baby element! It's a
programme about making money from property refurbishment, not on how
the presenter looks. That said, I shall be copping a load of Amanda
Lamb tonight!

Is it just me or does she have a really annoying voice?

No it isn't, and yes she does.

Who she?

http://tinyurl.com/4a569

or

http://tinyurl.com/6kucu

hth
Clive

Robert

Grunff wrote in message ...
Tonight's Property Ladder:

A) Beginning of program -
1. Beeny pregnant
2. House clearly not started
3. House owner lady not pregnant

B) Middle of program -
1. Beeny more pregnant than in A
2. House half demolished
3. House owner lady tells us she's pregnant

C) End of program -
1. Beeny *still* pregnant
2. House completed
3. House owner lady has given birth and is holding baby

Now I'm no biologist, but WTF is going on here??

Beeny was pregnant twice in quick succession?

MM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:31:33 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

What's wrong with resorting to MFI?

Where do you want me to start? (How about the emergency exit?)

Come on, let's hear it.

Compared with other suppliers of cheaper kitchens, I find them superior.
We're not comparing with John Lewis here.

B&Q = has stock, but limited range, especially of hardwoods
Ikea = weird modern designs, has half the stock, other is always next week,
but isn't
Wickes = see B&Q
MFI = Very extensive range. Choice of prebuilt or flatpack. Large range of
modern and traditional designs, including hardwoods

I can't abide MFI stuff. The designs are all twee, naff, or kitsch.
IKEA design is always fantastic, and good value. I especially like the
IKEA units that look like hospital operating theatres. I *hate*
oak-style kitchens - totally Daily Mail and toilet roll cosies, yuk.
One can practically smell the cheap scent from here.

MM
MM

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:04:48 +0100, "Owain"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote
| "James Hart" wrote:
| That said, I shall be copping a load of Amanda Lamb tonight!
| Is it just me or does she have a really annoying voice?
| No it isn't, and yes she does.

aol and she says everything in silly Janet-and-John sentences.

I don't listen to what she's saying...

MM
James Hart

MM wrote:
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:04:48 +0100, "Owain"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote
"James Hart" wrote:
That said, I shall be copping a load of Amanda Lamb tonight!
Is it just me or does she have a really annoying voice?
No it isn't, and yes she does.

aol and she says everything in silly Janet-and-John sentences.

I don't listen to what she's saying...

Just remember, you look with your eyes not your fingers and it doesn't
matter where you get your appetite as long as you eat at home.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk

G&M

wrote:

What's wrong with resorting to MFI?

Where do you want me to start? (How about the emergency exit?)

Come on, let's hear it.

Compared with other suppliers of cheaper kitchens, I find them superior.
We're not comparing with John Lewis here.

B&Q = has stock, but limited range, especially of hardwoods

Wickes = see B&Q

The proper Wickes ranges are "to order" so that isn't the case really.

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

[...]

You forgot the I in front of your name.
Lobster

"MM" wrote in message

I can't abide MFI stuff. The designs are all twee, naff, or kitsch.
IKEA design is always fantastic, and good value. I especially like the
IKEA units that look like hospital operating theatres.

What, for a kitchen? Each to his own I suppose!

Ian Stirling

Grunff wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Ha - what did I say two weeks ago about looking forward to the impending
continuity problems with this series?!

I think this was more than a continuity error - I simply don't see how
it was physically possible (unless Beeny gestation period is somewhat
longer than standard for humans).

I agree totally.
It's yet more evidence that all the people on TV are actually aliens,
controlling us with their evil mind-rays-of-subjugation.

:::Jerry::::

"Grunff" wrote in message
Lobster wrote:

Ha - what did I say two weeks ago about looking forward to the impending
continuity problems with this series?!

I think this was more than a continuity error - I simply don't see how
it was physically possible (unless Beeny gestation period is somewhat
longer than standard for humans).

I don't see how you can be so daft to say the above, unless you missed the
smiley off by mistake !...

Dave Liquorice

On 16 Oct 2004 13:36:49 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

I agree totally.
It's yet more evidence that all the people on TV are actually
aliens, controlling us with their evil mind-rays-of-subjugation.

Dave, we've been rumbled. Did you forget to fill the mind control
generator with chip fat last night?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Andy Hall

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:46:45 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On 16 Oct 2004 13:36:49 GMT, Ian Stirling wrote:

I agree totally.
It's yet more evidence that all the people on TV are actually
aliens, controlling us with their evil mind-rays-of-subjugation.

Dave, we've been rumbled. Did you forget to fill the mind control
generator with chip fat last night?

Is this to keep the couch potatoes cooked?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl