Scott

Default Confused about Kohler "tile-in" sink

I'm confused about this particular Kohler sink:

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...=Kitchen+Sinks

which is described as being for "tile-in or metal frame installation". The
installation guide describes the tile-in option as mounting the sink flush
with the surrounding tile -- which I've heard of. But the other sinks I've
seen designed for this kind of installation had square corners. This one
has rounded corners - could a tile installer really cut curved pieces
accurately enough to mate with these corners?

The reason I ask is that we have this sink sitting in our living room We
bought it because it's an exact match for the old sink we're removing, but
I'm wondering if we should exchange it. The countertop we pulled out was a
mortar job with the sink edge concealed under the tile. But it seems
nowadays all the tile installers use backerboard and I'm at kind of a loss
how this sink is meant to be installed.

Scott

Rudy

which is described as being for "tile-in or metal frame installation".

Our Kohler Exec Chef K5931 ? "tile in" model had square corners. The round
corner model hada different number. This may be the case with yours but I
see in the Kohler info that it seems to only come with rounded. That said,
any average tile setter can cut round tilecorners.