The Natural Philosopher

MM wrote:

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:31:33 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

What's wrong with resorting to MFI?

Where do you want me to start? (How about the emergency exit?)

Come on, let's hear it.

Compared with other suppliers of cheaper kitchens, I find them superior.
We're not comparing with John Lewis here.

B&Q = has stock, but limited range, especially of hardwoods
Ikea = weird modern designs, has half the stock, other is always next week,
but isn't
Wickes = see B&Q
MFI = Very extensive range. Choice of prebuilt or flatpack. Large range of
modern and traditional designs, including hardwoods

I can't abide MFI stuff. The designs are all twee, naff, or kitsch.
IKEA design is always fantastic, and good value. I especially like the
IKEA units that look like hospital operating theatres. I *hate*
oak-style kitchens - totally Daily Mail and toilet roll cosies, yuk.
One can practically smell the cheap scent from here.

MM

You forgot the I in front of your name.