mark

In message , G&M
writes

Business rates are small and should be abolished anyway. The real gain to
the council is more local people being employed and so not hogging up their
social services department.

They dont feel bloody small to me.

--
mark
Dave Liquorice

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:06:59 +0100, mark wrote:

Business rates are small and should be abolished anyway.

They dont feel bloody small to me.

And seem to be very strange amounts, at least around here. There is a
site somewhere were you can look up the bussiness rates for an area.
Round here public loos seem to have bussiness rates of several
thousand pounds and quite large bussiness's just a few hundred.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

mark

In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:06:59 +0100, mark wrote:

Business rates are small and should be abolished anyway.

They dont feel bloody small to me.

And seem to be very strange amounts, at least around here. There is a
site somewhere were you can look up the bussiness rates for an area.
Round here public loos seem to have bussiness rates of several
thousand pounds and quite large bussiness's just a few hundred.

We have a petrol station with rates of 24k a year.
I have to pay 2k a year for store I won (a large store granted)
No employees, no loos, no rubbish, very little traffic relatively
speaking.
What am I paying 2k for?
The police?
Hardly :-/

--
mark
G&M

"mark" wrote in message
In message , G&M
writes

Business rates are small and should be abolished anyway. The real gain

the council is more local people being employed and so not hogging up

their
social services department.

They dont feel bloody small to me.

Depends what you have and what services you use. But on something like I
imagine Screwfix's warehouse to be they really aren't extortionate,
especially compared with sites on mainland Europe.

But of course businesses do get screwed on NI and everything else.

raden

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
"Bob Eager" writes:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:17:37 UTC, Capitol
wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:
As for quality of staff the pickers need to be at least literate, have
common sense and some knowledge of the products stocked. So when the
picking form says "XY346501 Washer, Flat" from bin 2Z56 and 2Z56 only
contains 13A plugs labeled XY346501 they raise a query...

CPC seem to have occasional difficulties with this concept!

Indeed - but they are quite good at fixing it!

In my experience, they aren't very good at fixing it.
I've had the same wrong goods delivered again as replacements,
and it's sometimes something they don't even stock, so I think
their good-inwards inspections leave a little to be desired.

I bought a set of spanners - one was missing, sent it back, another
spanner was missing, sent it back and got the original set I sent back,
back
--
geoff

Andrew McKay

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:45:18 +0100, Peter Ramm
wrote:

Placed an on-line order last night about half past six - normal
delivery.
This morning - knock on the door at nine fifteen - the full delivery!!

Last week I placed an order for some stationary via Viking Direct, at
10pm in the evening.

The next morning at 8am the delivery driver knocks the door with the
full delivery. Only a couple of invoice books and a few reels of
packaging tape, but I was so impressed! They must've been packing the
van as the order came in.

Andrew

If you need help with those general DIY projects
you can give me a call. More information about
what I can help with can be found on my web site:

http://www.handymac.co.uk
Capitol

Peter Ramm wrote:
Placed an on-line order last night about half past six - normal
delivery.
This morning - knock on the door at nine fifteen - the full delivery!!

Looked at "don't want your order" sign on Screwfix Website Monday pm,
Phone orders not accepted, placed order with Toolstation Tuesday noon.
Delivered today 3pm. Order taker apologised for possible shipping delay
as business had more than doubled in last few weeks and warehouse was
struggling to keep up!! Cost was lower than Screwfix!! Screwfix ex customer.

Regards
Capitol

Screwfix PoP UK diy 28 March 12th 04 09:19 PM
Have I upset Screwfix? PoP UK diy 38 February 22nd 04 11:03 AM
Screwfix foam gun problems! Steve North UK diy 1 September 23rd 03 03:37 PM
Screwfix :-( Ian UK diy 13 September 3rd 03 06:15 PM