Ian

Default Screwfix :-(

Hi

Is Screwfix incapable of sorting out problems.

I ordered 10 22mm copper pipes, 10 15mm copper pipes turened up.
I refused to accept them from the courier but they said that I had to
call screwfix, who confirmed that I had to keep them and they would
collect them. Ok I said will you then send out the 22mm so We can get
on with the work. NO was the answer we will have to put you
"misorderd" pipe back into stock and then send out the new pipe. At
this point i pointed out the mistake was theirs not Mine. After
talking to a team leader they agreed and said the 22mm will be sent
out.
On the wednesday after the weekend they come to pick up the old pipe
but no new pipe. Call screwfix again to be informed that yes it does
say that the 22mm should be sent out before the 15mm comes back but NO
they havent sent it. Why I ask ? because we havent sorry, was the
reply we will send it out now for tommorow. Next day comes, NO pipe
call screwfix again. Again im told yes it does say it should be with
you today but we havent dispatched it yet. You will get it tommorow
Sorry.

At no point did screwfix seem to think that there was a problem. The
fact that I had the floors up in mine and my babies room didnt seem to
worry them.

Due to this and that their prices arent that cheap I wont be using
them again.
Im sure if they dont cock it up it all goes well but they seem
incapable of sorting out problems if it does go wrong.

Ian
OldScrawn

Not typical in my experience; only one problem in many orders and that was
fixed very promptly and efficiently.
Grunff

Ian wrote:

Is Screwfix incapable of sorting out problems.

problems snipped

I've gotta say, I'm an *extremely* critical consumer, with a
nice, long supplier blacklist, but Screwfix haven't even come
close to making it onto that list. They've been invariably very
good, superb customer service and pretty good pricing. I've
spent around £4k with them over the last 3 years.

The only problems I've had have been with late orders, due to
ParcelFarce rather than Screwfix themselves.

So while I'm sure your problem is genuine, I suspect it's pretty
rare.

--
Grunff

Bob Minchin

Ian wrote:

[...]

Ian, You do seem to have had a particularly bad experience with Screwfix.
No consolation to you but normally they are very good and if odd items are
missing they send these out very quickly.
On odd occasions when I have had a problem, a non ranting email has
produced a result, an apology and usually a credit voucher for the next
order.
I expect if you give them another chance you will be pleasantly surprised.

Bob

MrCheerful

Ian wrote:
[...]

They have been excellent for problem solving in my experience, their
choice of carrier is a problem though.

They often send the same order twice, if you complain about late
delivery, which is nice

MrCheerful

Paul

"Ian" wrote in message
om...
Hi

Is Screwfix incapable of sorting out problems.

i understand your frustration. like the other posters, i've been very, very
happy with screwfix over the piece.

however, when i did have a similar problem to you (a bloody big radiator
which had a dent in it which wasn't noticed until it was fitted) screwfix
took a similar approach:

1. told me i needed to remove radiator from wall, parcel it up, return
it, let them inspect it, and they'd tell me if it would be replaced.
2. i told them that that dent was in a place where it would not have been
bashed during installation, that professional services may be required to
remove AND replace that rad, so did they want me to pay for this twice for
two separate visits, and they did the same as they did with you - check with
a supervisor and then agree to send out a replacement. i was quite hapy
with this arrangement.
3. replacement failed to turn up and i phoned to be told that i had to
return the faulty item before they'd despatch a replacement. i told them of
my arrangement and she apologised and said "ok, we'll send it".
4. this same conversation took place a further twice before they sent
replacement (along with a £10 gift voucher).
5. we then agreed the time that the courier would pick the rad up and he
didn't turn up. after the second appointment he came and took the rad away.

please can i re-iterate, i'm very happy with Screwfix for the vast, vast
majority of my dealing with them.

if you require plumbing supplies delivered to your door, might i suggest you
look at www.bes.ltd.uk (which is offline for maintenance @ 23:45 today)

notwithstanding that; i've found them very good and reliable.

paul

Woodspoiler

I order from Screwfix fairly regularly. Most of the time there
are no problems. When there is a problem, usually it is sorted
out efficiently.

BUT, on one occasion I had serial cock-ups over 1 trivial item
which lasted weeks. I won't bore you with the saga but it caused
a lot of inconvenience and wasted time.

I was left feeling extremely annoyed and dissatisified so I sent
a complaint to customer services.

I got a reponse which failed to address the issues I had raised,
and gave the impression that the person who wrote it hadn't tried
to understand my position or what had gone wrong at their end,
and thought I was stupid enough to swallow a bit of
copy-and-paste from the platitudes file.

They could have offered a proper reply and made a token gesture
towards recognising how much trouble they had put me to, and I
would have gone away happy.

Instead, several months later I'm STILL p***ed off enough with
Screwfix to happily spend my time telling you about it.

That said, I still order from them becuase no company is perfect
or will have a 100% unblemished record. On the whole Screwfix has
good prices and good service. But if that sort of thing happens
again then I will never touch them again ever.

I do now make an effort to look elswehere for the same items at a
similar price, whereas before I was ordering from Screwfix
automatically, so a few orders have gone to other comapines and
Screwfix has already lost more revenue from me than it would have
cost it to bung me a voucher or one-off extended discount or
something.

W.

"Paul" wrote in message

"Ian" wrote in message
[...]

Toby

Any Screwfix problems seem to get magnified by the call centre but in my
experience they are among the best of the large mail order companies.
BES seems to be copying SF in their new-look website, price increases, and
the new delivery charges :-(

Toby.

John

"Toby" wrote in message
Any Screwfix problems seem to get magnified by the call centre but in my
experience they are among the best of the large mail order companies.
BES seems to be copying SF in their new-look website, price increases, and
the new delivery charges :-(

Thats the most disappointing thing about BES - they now charge for delivery
on orders below £45. Previously they didn`t - ok it may well of cost a bit
to do this but this is where they had an advantage over Screwfix & their
pricing was competitive to traditional plumbers merchants.
Not any more :-(

John

Phil Norman

"Ian" wrote in message
[...]

Not my experience. Screwfix have always provided me with a polite and
efficient service. Not always delivered the next day though, but I can live
with that.

N. Thornton

"Phil Norman" wrote in message ...
"Ian" wrote in message
[...]

Scr has a policy of not sending replacements out until theyve seen
what youve sent back. It stops people ordering something, saying its
faulty and getting a second, and disappearing with both. Unfortunately
if youre on a deadline it can be right annoying.

Just know what you get with them. Theyre cetrainly not perfect, but I
cant say I've found any better.

Regards, NT
StealthUK

I've had no real problems with Screwfix, it's normally Parcel Force
that have been the weakest link. Once they did send the wrong item and
I was left short to finish the work. Now I always make sure I have all
the items well before I need them.
adder

"Paul" wrote in message ...

however, when i did have a similar problem to you (a bloody big radiator
which had a dent in it which wasn't noticed until it was fitted) screwfix
took a similar approach:

It's up to you to inspect stuff before you fit it so surely it's your
fault that you have the inconvenience of removing and replacing it.
Paul

"adder" wrote in message
m...
"Paul" wrote in message

however, when i did have a similar problem to you (a bloody big radiator
which had a dent in it which wasn't noticed until it was fitted)

screwfix
took a similar approach:

It's up to you to inspect stuff before you fit it so surely it's your
fault that you have the inconvenience of removing and replacing it.

fair enough.....

they were very good about that aspect of it and i appreciated it.