Cal Mac

Default Screwfix Ferm Jigsaw

I'm thinking of purchasing the Ferm jigsaw that screwfix sell for
£17.99.Has anyone bought one and are they any good.I've seen some that
cheap in b&q and Wickes and they look pretty poor.
I've already bought the Ferm 24 Volt cordless drill from Screwfix and
it's seems to be a very good purchace.
Thanks in advance
Cal

JimM

I've got one but it doesn't come close to my Bosch. It doesn't cut half as
nicely and the blade holder works loose and is fiddly to use. I'd spend the
bit extra, I think you can pick the basic Bosch up for about £30 now.

Jim

--
Remove BRAIN before replying
"Cal Mac" wrote in message
news:3caa91861104d820777b302cd5178697.90780@mygate .mailgate.org...
I'm thinking of purchasing the Ferm jigsaw that screwfix sell for
£17.99.Has anyone bought one and are they any good.I've seen some that
cheap in b&q and Wickes and they look pretty poor.
I've already bought the Ferm 24 Volt cordless drill from Screwfix and
it's seems to be a very good purchace.
Thanks in advance
Cal

Chris Oates

"JimM" wrote in message
I've got one but it doesn't come close to my Bosch. It doesn't cut half as
nicely and the blade holder works loose and is fiddly to use. I'd spend

the
bit extra, I think you can pick the basic Bosch up for about £30 now.

get the Bosch (must have pedulum action)

never ever buy black & decker

Grunff

Chris Oates wrote:

bit extra, I think you can pick the basic Bosch up for about £30 now.

get the Bosch (must have pedulum action)

never ever buy black & decker

I'll third that - jigsaws are one of those things where cheap
ones are next to useless, unlike say belt sanders, where a cheap
one will do a reasonable job.

Get a Bosch.

--
Grunff

Cal Mac

Thanks all
I think i'll go for a bosch then, at least it will last.
Cal