Steve North

Default Screwfix foam gun problems!

Has anyone here tried the screwfix foam gun, you can see it here
http://tinyurl.com/o70i

I've gone through three cans of foam and two guns, one of which was
supplied free by screwfix but I can not get any flow from the damn
thing. I just wondered before I get back to screwfix if anyone else
was having the same problem?

Also I noticed that the gun in the picture on the website is an all
metal affair whereas the supplied gun and the one in the catalogue is
mostly plastic. Has anyone received the metal type?
Steve North

"Frank" wrote in message ...
"Steve North" wrote in message
om...
Has anyone here tried the screwfix foam gun, you can see it here
http://tinyurl.com/o70i

I've gone through three cans of foam and two guns, one of which was
supplied free by screwfix but I can not get any flow from the damn
thing. I just wondered before I get back to screwfix if anyone else
was having the same problem?

Also I noticed that the gun in the picture on the website is an all
metal affair whereas the supplied gun and the one in the catalogue is
mostly plastic. Has anyone received the metal type?

Are you putting the cleaning solvennt through it after you've used it ??

Well I didn't put any through it from new if that's what you mean. I
did put some through it after it didn't work the first time and it
sprayed through quite nicely. I eventually managed to get a real wimpy
flow by holding the trigger in while screwing the foam can on, but it
was totally unusable. I really think there's a design flaw with the
gun. I'll have to tell screwfix!

Steve

Screwfix :-( Ian UK diy 13 September 3rd 03 06:15 PM
Screwfix gun grade expanding foam James Hart UK diy 1 August 11th 03 03:01 PM
Tiling Shower Area - adhesive spreading and tile cutting problems JohnB UK diy 7 July 20th 03 10:43 AM
Screwfix Security drivers Grunff UK diy 7 July 5th 03 01:10 PM
Screwfix Ferm Jigsaw Cal Mac UK diy 4 July 5th 03 12:56 PM