mark

In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:06:59 +0100, mark wrote:

Business rates are small and should be abolished anyway.

They dont feel bloody small to me.

And seem to be very strange amounts, at least around here. There is a
site somewhere were you can look up the bussiness rates for an area.
Round here public loos seem to have bussiness rates of several
thousand pounds and quite large bussiness's just a few hundred.

We have a petrol station with rates of 24k a year.
I have to pay 2k a year for store I won (a large store granted)
No employees, no loos, no rubbish, very little traffic relatively
speaking.
What am I paying 2k for?
The police?
Hardly :-/