Posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Left hand down?

On 12/06/2021 18:02, charles wrote:

That was line in "The Navy Lark", a radio comedy programme from the 1950s.

60s wasn't it?

Bill
Posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default The Two Brain Dead Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopathstogether again

On 15/06/21 7:37 am, Peeler wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 05:15:40 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

york
Posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's Eternal Senile Whore!

On 15/06/21 10:02 am, Peeler wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:56:17 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Try backing a set of doubles up...

Try weaning your senile gob away from the unwashed ******'s cock,
lowbrowwoman! BG

neglect
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.repair,uk.rec.cycling

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On 15/06/21 12:00 am, Peeler wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:08:29 +0100, Max Dumb, the REAL dumb, notorious,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered again:

There's apparently some stupid one in a car where you rotate your hand
to mean you're turning the opposite way to the side your hand is on
(since you can't reach right across the car).Â* I would take that to mean
"please pass"

You rotate your hand anticlockwise. For slowing down (aka "please pass")
you flap your hand up and down.

NO bait set out by the trolling sociopath idiotic and retarded enough that
YOU senile idiot will NOT take, eh, Max Dumb? BG

carve
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.repair,uk.rec.cycling

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:08:29 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On 13/06/2021 18:57, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 02:26:50 +0100, Marilyn Manson
wrote:
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:54:10 PM UTC-4, wrote:

The only thing I can think of is from the old days. There was a time
when drivers used hand signals to signal
left, right, or stop with their left hands. That might still be legal
but I don't remember anyone using them.

Not only are hand signals still legal, but a road test examiner may
ask you to at least
demonstrate one or more signal or recognize one or more signal as part
of the test.

Keep in mind that drivers are required to signal their intention to
turn, slow or stop.
If that can't be accomplished with vehicle's equipment, then hand
signals must be used.
Not just legal, but the law.

Some people say that you should use hand signals in bright sunlight,
bumper to bumper
traffic and any other situation where your turn signals might be hard
to see.

Kids should be taught to use hand signals while they are riding a
bicycle as soon as
they are proficient/confident enough to ride with one hand. You might
be surprised to
hear that the NHTSA adds a 4th hand signal for bicyclists (Alternative
Right Turn) and
also allows either arm to be used for slowing or stopping.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/nt...andSignals.pdf

Very stupid to use any of those, since most people will misunderstand them.

Let's look at your list.... "right turn" - on a bike, I stick my right
arm straight out. If I stuck my left arm out and put the forearm up,
people would think I meant "stop".

There's apparently some stupid one in a car where you rotate your hand
to mean you're turning the opposite way to the side your hand is on
(since you can't reach right across the car). I would take that to mean
"please pass"

You rotate your hand anticlockwise. For slowing down (aka "please pass")
you flap your hand up and down.

Both stupid to use, most will think rotating your hand means "pass me" and flapping your hand is you telling them to slow down.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,alt.computer.workshop

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 16:03:07 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 6/14/21 1:55 PM, wrote:

[snip]

Most people remember a ton of irrelevant crap.

Cindy Hamilton

I remember the appearance of the buttons on a nightstand in a hospital
in Galveston, even though I haven't been there for 47 years.

I can remember the appearance of a very hot female doctor in a hospital.

OT: Left hand down? Commander Kinsey[_3_] Home Repair 89 June 15th 21 08:40 PM
"Left hand down" ItsJoanNotJoann Home Repair 4 November 9th 17 12:31 AM
"Left hand down" Iggy Home Repair 0 November 7th 17 09:14 PM
Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal [email protected] Home Repair 168 July 14th 17 09:05 PM
[OT-ish] Left over right, right over left David WE Roberts UK diy 14 October 25th 09 01:46 AM