Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spain's New Variable Price Electricity

In article , Tim Streater
wrote:
On 24 May 2021 at 18:06:16 BST, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 24/05/2021 17:58, charles wrote:
In article , Max
Demian wrote:
On 24/05/2021 15:21, Andrew wrote:
On 23/05/2021 22:33, Max Demian wrote:
On 23/05/2021 18:30, Andrew wrote:
On 23/05/2021 10:46, Jethro_uk wrote:

If there was any honesty in the free market mantra the Tories
use to shot on us, we should be able to buy our electricity from
Spain. Or indeed anywhere.

I'm still waiting to be able to change my water company - as
promised by their privatisation. When's that due ?

That was never offered with privatisation. You had the option to
go onto metered water and pay for what you actually use. You can
always go off grid, with your own well and private sewage
treatment works, as some rural folks have to.

There cannot be an option to switch suppliers without a National
water grid, which will never happen.

That's about how the utility is delivered, which is the same with
electricity and gas.

Competition is between the people who send out the bills.

Err, no. With gas and electricity all the inputs are fed into the
respective grid system. The users all tap into these two grid
systems. The gas and electrons could have come from anywhere on the
grid.

How would a water grid change things?

I could buy Scottish water here in Surrey. It isn't full of calcium

do you really think you could? And at what price to have it pumped all
the way cheaper to buy a water softener

He sounds like a fathead who thinks that if he signs up to some so-called
green electric supplier, none of his volts will come from nuclear.

I was allowing you to point out the obvious.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/05/2021 19:39, Tim+ wrote:
Robin wrote:
On 23/05/2021 18:30, Andrew wrote:
On 23/05/2021 10:46, Jethro_uk wrote:
If there was any honesty in the free market mantra the Tories use to shot
on us, we should be able to buy our electricity from Spain. Or indeed
anywhere.

I'm still waiting to be able to change my water company - as promised by
their privatisation. When's that due ?

That was never offered with privatisation. You had the option to go onto
metered water and pay for what you actually use. You can always go off
grid, with your own well and private sewage treatment works, as some
rural folks have to.

There cannot be an option to switch suppliers without a National water
grid, which will never happen.

A national water grid has been looked at many times.

I believe its always been scuppered by pumping costs. Water companies are
already one of the biggest consumers of electricity in the country.

+ environmental impact (where need to use rivers)

+ politics(objections from Welsh, Scots, etc - not to mention bombs
under aqueducts)

And AFAIK nobody has seriously proposed a /potable/ water grid so it
ain't a national market like electricity and gas, just pretty much the
current regional ones

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/05/2021 16:01, charles wrote:
In article , Andrew
wrote:
[...]

The electrons I buy are blue ones from Scotland

30% of them go awol en-route though
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , charles
writes
In article ,
Max Demian wrote:
[...]

Could I then buy water not contaminated with fluoride?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/05/2021 16:12, bert wrote:
In article , charles
writes
In article ,
Â* Max Demian wrote:
[...]

You can get that in any supermarket
I don't know why people get so upset about drinking water - its not
expoensive to buy it with any kind of crap in it you want

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"