Bob Darrah

Default Jet 1014 retro kit to variable speed part # and price

Although I have asked three other stores to verify pricing, I got a figure
and a model number for the Jet 1014 lathe conversion to variable speed. When
the other stores check in I will pass info along if it is at all different
from what I got from the first store that got back to me.

Jet 1014 Variable Speed change over kit part number 708351VSR Price:
$161.88. Not cheap but will make your old lathe the same as the new. This
includes the same motor that is on the new Variable Speed model.

Bob Darrah
West Linn, Oregon

--

Bob Darrah
West Linn, Oregon

Mike in Mystic

What is your source for the kit? I have been trying unsuccessfully to sell
my non-VS mini lathe, along with the adjustable base, for $250 (basically,
you'd get the stand for free - $130 value). Can't get anywhere. I was then
going to ante up the $100 to buy the VS version.

This upgrade kit sounds like a viable option, so any info you have would be
great.

Mike

"Bob Darrah" wrote in message
Although I have asked three other stores to verify pricing, I got a figure
and a model number for the Jet 1014 lathe conversion to variable speed.

When
the other stores check in I will pass info along if it is at all different
from what I got from the first store that got back to me.

Jet 1014 Variable Speed change over kit part number 708351VSR Price:
$161.88. Not cheap but will make your old lathe the same as the new. This
includes the same motor that is on the new Variable Speed model.

Bob Darrah
West Linn, Oregon

--

Bob Darrah
West Linn, Oregon

Bob Darrah

All of the tool stores in Portland, Oregon, at the direction of the Jet Reps
at the Woodworking Show this past weekend. But, they're not special. This
is from a bulletin that Jet sent out last week. And if they will give that
part number to their Jet supplier (708351VSR), they can get it. An easy way
to remember the number is that it is the same number as the variable speed
mini lathe with R after it. They said it is for Retro.

Bob
om...

"Bob Darrah" wrote in message
Although I have asked three other stores to verify pricing, I got a
figure
and a model number for the Jet 1014 lathe conversion to variable speed.

When
the other stores check in I will pass info along if it is at all
different
from what I got from the first store that got back to me.

Jet 1014 Variable Speed change over kit part number 708351VSR Price:
$161.88. Not cheap but will make your old lathe the same as the new. This
includes the same motor that is on the new Variable Speed model.

Bob Darrah
West Linn, Oregon

--

Bob Darrah