Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default joke

what is this pish suspending a few tv channels just because some old
bugger that has died ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2021 16:59, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what is this pish suspending a few tv channels just because some old
bugger that has died ?

Indeed. How many other great grandfathers died today, and what of them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2021 17:15, gareth evans wrote:
On 09/04/2021 16:59, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what is this pish suspending a few tv channels just because some old
bugger that has died ?

Indeed. How many other great grandfathers died today, and what of them?

All that money being wasted by the BBC. Today they have proved that
they only need one TV channel and one radio channel!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2021 17:15, gareth evans wrote:

Indeed. How many other great grandfathers died today, and what of them?

You are the pub bore

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2021 17:26, alan_m wrote:
On 09/04/2021 17:15, gareth evans wrote:
On 09/04/2021 16:59, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what is this pish suspending a few tv channels just because some old
bugger that has died ?

Indeed. How many other great grandfathers died today, and what of them?

All that money being wasted by the BBC.Â* Today they have proved that
they only need one TV channel and one radio channel!

indeed

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2021 17:15, gareth evans wrote:
On 09/04/2021 16:59, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what is this pish suspending a few tv channels just because some old
bugger that has died ?

Indeed. How many other great grandfathers died today, and what of them?

and we don't car about them as well ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/04/2021 07:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 09/04/2021 17:15, gareth evans wrote:
On 09/04/2021 16:59, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what is this pish suspending a few tv channels just because some old
bugger that has died ?

Indeed. How many other great grandfathers died today, and what of them?

and we don't car about them as well ...

I don't care about them either......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes you would think that nothing else happened in the world.Even worse was
the way all the late evening local radio shows on the Beeb were full of
completely changes content, mostly involving members of the public calling
in to say about the day they saw him walk past on the other side of the road
etc.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"gareth evans" wrote in message
On 09/04/2021 16:59, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
what is this pish suspending a few tv channels just because some old
bugger that has died ?

Indeed. How many other great grandfathers died today, and what of them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think what he says is true though. I don't think he himself would want all
this fuss and it has been expected since Christmas in any case. They could
have made a special retrospective in the interim months and done him proud,
instead of suppressing world news and moving every schedule around. Not
everyone will want to be depressed by this news, but as I used to regularly
talk to a bloke who drove carriages who knew him, he was very amused by the
sort of things that were said about people who died who could be real pains
in the neck when alive and often retorted that I hope the don't do that when
I go. I think being such a down to earth bloke with a sense of humour and a
very mischievous tendency, was probably what kept the Queen sane over all
these years.

"williamwright" wrote in message
On 09/04/2021 17:15, gareth evans wrote:

Indeed. How many other great grandfathers died today, and what of them?

You are the pub bore

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/04/2021 08:16, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes you would think that nothing else happened in the world.Even worse was
the way all the late evening local radio shows on the Beeb were full of
completely changes content, mostly involving members of the public calling
in to say about the day they saw him walk past on the other side of the road
etc.
Brian

The worst I listened to was some reporter telling us he joined the navy
as a lieutenant and had risen up the ranks to become not only a admiral
of the fleet but also a field marshal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 8:24:35 AM UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 10/04/2021 08:16, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes you would think that nothing else happened in the world.Even worse was
the way all the late evening local radio shows on the Beeb were full of
completely changes content, mostly involving members of the public calling
in to say about the day they saw him walk past on the other side of the road
etc.
Brian

The worst I listened to was some reporter telling us he joined the navy
as a lieutenant and had risen up the ranks to become not only a admiral
of the fleet but also a field marshal.

The press and tv have had their obituaries written and stored for years so this is probably a holiday for the,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 8:21:56 AM UTC+1, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
[...]

I have told my family tha when I die I want none of this nonsense at the funeral. Tell the truth I say. He was a crabbed bad tempered old *******
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
fred wrote:
On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 8:24:35 AM UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 10/04/2021 08:16, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes you would think that nothing else happened in the world.Even
worse was the way all the late evening local radio shows on the
Beeb were full of completely changes content, mostly involving
members of the public calling in to say about the day they saw him
walk past on the other side of the road etc. Brian

The worst I listened to was some reporter telling us he joined the
navy as a lieutenant and had risen up the ranks to become not only a
admiral of the fleet but also a field marshal. -- mailto : news {at}
admac {dot} myzen {dot} co {dot} uk

The press and tv have had their obituaries written and stored for years
so this is probably a holiday for the,

I usually listen to R4Ex at 00.30 while drifting off. Was amazed to find
it carrying the main R4 feed.

--
*You sound reasonable......time to up my medication

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/04/2021 11:29, fred wrote:
[...]

who shagged loads of wummin'
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
fred wrote:
[...]

no crap om my internet radio channels

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/04/2021 12:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 10/04/2021 11:29, fred wrote:
[...]

*******

who shagged loads of wummin'

who should have been jailed for hate crime and dangerous driving....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I usually listen to R4Ex at 00.30 while drifting off. Was amazed to find
it carrying the main R4 feed.

They carried R4 from the time the death was announced so a 00.30 it was
around 12 hours of R4 on R4Ex!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 11:53:53 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
fred wrote:
[...]

BBC2 carried BBC1 for quite a while. Apparently.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes good luck finding a field at see then.
One supposes somebody must feed this junk to the presenters.
Do the bbc have a button they press as they did on the day one assumes that
immediately cuts off all networks and puts on the same output everywhere? I
also find it ironic that it took the bbc 8 minutes to announce his death
whereas Sky were on it straight away, followed shortly by ITV etc.
The bbc and probably other organisations have a department which keeps a
fact file and obituary up to date constantly for important figures and for
some reason call them project (insert name of horticultural species her)

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 10/04/2021 08:16, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes you would think that nothing else happened in the world.Even worse
was
the way all the late evening local radio shows on the Beeb were full of
completely changes content, mostly involving members of the public
calling
in to say about the day they saw him walk past on the other side of the
road
etc.
Brian

The worst I listened to was some reporter telling us he joined the navy as
a lieutenant and had risen up the ranks to become not only a admiral of
the fleet but also a field marshal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I had to laugh yesterday afternoon. I was looking around the local stations
Saturday afternoon. Most either had the copyright message on the stream, but
Solent seems to have two streams. The one on BBC sounds simply had an open
mike in a commentary box somewhere, I heard a pa playing Rolling stones and
KC etc, then a person bumbled up to the mike gave some reports on other
matches and went away again. This was on bbc sounds which according to the
blurb was a football commentary on Eastleighs game.
The one found via mytuner radio was actually the commentary as you would
expect.
After the second half started the sounds feed went to the right source.
It was more entertaining than sport as you could hear folk swearing as they
walked past chatting to each other etc.

I guess somebody forgot to press the right button after some other show.

fred wrote:
[...]

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Favorite practical joke granpaw Metalworking 9 January 1st 05 01:46 AM
Slightly OT (joke, involves tools) Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~ Woodworking 1 April 24th 04 01:26 AM
FS Grizzly Jointer Knives / Grizzy restocking fee joke? WoodChuck34 Woodworking 5 March 3rd 04 11:10 PM
OT-Blond Joke Gunner Metalworking 15 December 7th 03 09:27 PM
OT joke o the day! sorry could not resist. rated [r] [email protected] Woodworking 11 November 25th 03 02:16 PM