Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default joke

I think what he says is true though. I don't think he himself would want all
this fuss and it has been expected since Christmas in any case. They could
have made a special retrospective in the interim months and done him proud,
instead of suppressing world news and moving every schedule around. Not
everyone will want to be depressed by this news, but as I used to regularly
talk to a bloke who drove carriages who knew him, he was very amused by the
sort of things that were said about people who died who could be real pains
in the neck when alive and often retorted that I hope the don't do that when
I go. I think being such a down to earth bloke with a sense of humour and a
very mischievous tendency, was probably what kept the Queen sane over all
these years.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"williamwright" wrote in message
On 09/04/2021 17:15, gareth evans wrote:

Indeed. How many other great grandfathers died today, and what of them?

You are the pub bore

Bill