granpaw

Default Favorite practical joke

Ya know after reading some of these posts about practical jokes in the
workplace, some of them downright dangerous, that it could be one of the
reasons companies are out-sourcing more and more...Just joking, no troll
;0)

granpaw
Forger

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 15:46:19 -0600, granpaw wrote:

Ya know after reading some of these posts about practical jokes in the
workplace, some of them downright dangerous, that it could be one of the
reasons companies are out-sourcing more and more...Just joking, no troll
;0)

granpaw

Dangerous, reminds me of years ago I was in Troy Ohio at a factory
school to repair commercial microwave ovens. These ovens had a pyramid
shaped aluminum piece that slowly rotated in the top of the cooking
cavity to bounce the energy around so as to prevent cold spots, it was
called a "mode stir". The door (stainless steel, no window) had
interlock switches that shut off the oven when the door is opened. The
only way to check the mode stir was to put the oven in a cook cycle
and quickly open the door, if working, you would see the mode stir
just coming to a stop. The class clown bypassed the door interlock
relay and called the instructor over, telling him he's checked several
times and cant tell if his mode stir is working. The instructor put
the oven in a cook cycle, knelt down, opened the door and pushed his
head in. The oven didnt turn off, but after about one long second a
slow blow fuse blew.
The instructor didnt see the humor in it. They fired him on the spot
and sent him back to his hometown that night. He said his face felt
immediate warmth, we asked if he's afraid he'll become impotent, he
replied no, the only way that can really happen is to stick your balls
in the cavity and SLAM the door shut.

Forger
HaroldA102

why did thay fire him?
Mustmaker

Millions of years ago on the Forrestal, I had asked an electricians mate to
show me how to use his wiggins, as I was inserting the second probe into the
outlet above the scuttlebutt, he quietly pushed the water button so an ice cold
stream splashed onto my arm, practically needed new scivies.

John H.

Dave Hinz

On 31 Dec 2004 20:13:07 GMT, Mustmaker wrote:
Millions of years ago on the Forrestal, I had asked an electricians mate to
show me how to use his wiggins, as I was inserting the second probe into the
outlet above the scuttlebutt, he quietly pushed the water button so an ice cold
stream splashed onto my arm, practically needed new scivies.

Can we get that again, in English this time?

ATP

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On 31 Dec 2004 20:13:07 GMT, Mustmaker wrote:
Millions of years ago on the Forrestal, I had asked an electricians mate

show me how to use his wiggins, as I was inserting the second probe into

the
outlet above the scuttlebutt, he quietly pushed the water button so an

ice cold
stream splashed onto my arm, practically needed new scivies.

Can we get that again, in English this time?

I don't know what a scuttlebutt is but I have heard of the simple voltmeter
commonly used by electricians as a wiggins.

Peter T. Keillor III

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:30:30 -0500, "ATP"
wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On 31 Dec 2004 20:13:07 GMT, Mustmaker wrote:
Millions of years ago on the Forrestal, I had asked an electricians mate

show me how to use his wiggins, as I was inserting the second probe into

the
outlet above the scuttlebutt, he quietly pushed the water button so an

ice cold
stream splashed onto my arm, practically needed new scivies.

Can we get that again, in English this time?

I don't know what a scuttlebutt is but I have heard of the simple voltmeter
commonly used by electricians as a wiggins.

I've heard of a wiggie, have one. I'd have to guess the scuttlebutt
is a drinking fountain, as in where you're likely to hear scuttlebutt.

Pete Keillor

Jim Stewart

wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

On 31 Dec 2004 20:13:07 GMT, Mustmaker wrote:

Millions of years ago on the Forrestal, I had asked an electricians
mate

show me how to use his wiggins, as I was inserting the second probe
into

the

outlet above the scuttlebutt, he quietly pushed the water button so an

ice cold

stream splashed onto my arm, practically needed new scivies.

Can we get that again, in English this time?

I don't know what a scuttlebutt is but I have heard of the simple
voltmeter
commonly used by electricians as a wiggins.

I've heard of a wiggie, have one. I'd have to guess the scuttlebutt
is a drinking fountain, as in where you're likely to hear scuttlebutt

Traditionally, a cask of freshwater for the crew
to drink from. I'd also assume some sort of drinking
fountain on a modern ship.