Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch PSR 2.4 V, replacement battery.

Replacement correct battery.
ESP special batteries ltd.
sales line .+44(0)1162413796.
2.4V 3ah Nickel Hydride battery with 2.7 mm wide spade terminals.
ESP part no.ESP-7-58-709G
Chemistry. NIMH (MSDS data sheet)
Voltage.2.4v
Capacity.3000 mah.
Size (h 0). 83x22mm
Weight.114g
ESP cell -ref.ESP3000SCH
https://www.espspecialbatteries.co.u.../ESP-7-77-709B

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, November 13, 2020 at 12:17:46 PM UTC, Aloysius Pavalasingham wrote:
On Friday, 13 November 2020 at 12:14:35 UTC, Aloysius Pavalasingham wrote:
Replacement correct battery.
ESP special batteries ltd.
sales line .+44(0)1162413796.
2.4V 3ah Nickel Hydride battery with 2.7 mm wide spade terminals.
ESP part no.ESP-7-58-709G
Chemistry. NIMH (MSDS data sheet)
Voltage.2.4v
Capacity.3000 mah.
Size (h 0). 83x22mm
Weight.114g
ESP cell -ref.ESP3000SCH
https://www.espspecialbatteries.co.u.../ESP-7-77-709B

I'M not convinced that a broken chain saw chain would whip around. If they react anything like a band saw as soon as the blade breaks it falls away . Ive had bandsaw blades break on me and they just rattled around the body of the saw.I had a chains saw blade jumps off the bar last week Apart from damaging the blade it caused no problem
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Erm wrong thread fred!

On 13/11/2020 14:58, fred wrote:

I'M not convinced that a broken chain saw chain would whip around. If
they react anything like a band saw as soon as the blade breaks it
falls away

Band saws are friction driven with a low mass blade - so the moment it
snaps there is no drive - and since it has little mass will stop very
quickly - especially if mid cut.

A chain is sprocket driven, and has more mass - so it will stay engaged
with the sprocket as long as there is load on the tension side. Hence it
may still get driven for a while until it disengages from the sprocket.

. Ive had bandsaw blades break on me and they just rattled
around the body of the saw.I had a chains saw blade jumps off the bar
last week Apart from damaging the blade it caused no problem

Yup, its not usually a problem when the whole chain loses tension like
that IME. (Also modern saws have chain catchers near the return side of
the sprocket to catch and snag a wayward chain).

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes I have no idea what the Bosch thread is for in any case. Although its
batteries it has to be two cells for that voltage, and who asked in the
first place? So the whole thread is a complete mystery.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
Erm wrong thread fred!

On 13/11/2020 14:58, fred wrote:

I'M not convinced that a broken chain saw chain would whip around. If
they react anything like a band saw as soon as the blade breaks it
falls away

Band saws are friction driven with a low mass blade - so the moment it
snaps there is no drive - and since it has little mass will stop very
quickly - especially if mid cut.

A chain is sprocket driven, and has more mass - so it will stay engaged
with the sprocket as long as there is load on the tension side. Hence it
may still get driven for a while until it disengages from the sprocket.

. Ive had bandsaw blades break on me and they just rattled
around the body of the saw.I had a chains saw blade jumps off the bar
last week Apart from damaging the blade it caused no problem

Yup, its not usually a problem when the whole chain loses tension like
that IME. (Also modern saws have chain catchers near the return side of
the sprocket to catch and snag a wayward chain).

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 16:03:27 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

I had a chains saw blade jumps off the bar
last week Apart from damaging the blade it caused no problem

Yup, its not usually a problem when the whole chain loses tension like
that IME. (Also modern saws have chain catchers near the return side of
the sprocket to catch and snag a wayward chain).

I saw a bar drop off a saw in use and watched the chain shoot forward
(luckily) about 3m. ;-(

Cheers, T i m