Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PCO / PECO air purifiers

I've had air filters/purifiers in the past and got sick of the
constantly reducing airflow and expensive filters.

I was talking to a supplier some years ago who sold filterless purifiers
that apparently obliterated the dust into almost nothing.
But I never saw it through.

They've come back onto my radar because they claim to 'kill' viruses, so
i'm thinking of getting one for the opticians as part of our wide
ranging efforts to make people (at least feel as if they are) safer
while they are in.

Not a massive issue immediately as we are only allowing people in under
exceptional circumstances, but when we reopen with whatever is the new
normal, i'd like to feel and appear to be doing as much as possible.

So, any opinions/recommendations on PECO air purifiers?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The so called new normal is blatantly unworkable for society so one hopes it
will eventually go back as it was. Remember that if you keep humans in super
clean places with nothing for the immune system to work on, bad things tend
to happen.
I do remember we had a clean air room at one place I worked and most of the
dust was removed by a surface at high voltage which was continuously swept
into some kind of receptacle, and the filters seemed to last a long time,
but then this was a very large room and we are talking three industrial
sized units here.
The air was also edeionised and was rather like you got at the top of a
mountain.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"R D S" wrote in message
I've had air filters/purifiers in the past and got sick of the constantly
reducing airflow and expensive filters.

I was talking to a supplier some years ago who sold filterless purifiers
that apparently obliterated the dust into almost nothing.
But I never saw it through.

They've come back onto my radar because they claim to 'kill' viruses, so
i'm thinking of getting one for the opticians as part of our wide ranging
efforts to make people (at least feel as if they are) safer while they are
in.

Not a massive issue immediately as we are only allowing people in under
exceptional circumstances, but when we reopen with whatever is the new
normal, i'd like to feel and appear to be doing as much as possible.

So, any opinions/recommendations on PECO air purifiers?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:

They've come back onto my radar because they claim to 'kill' viruses,
so i'm thinking of getting one for the opticians as part of our wide
ranging efforts to make people (at least feel as if they are) safer
while they are in.

The inventors of PECO filters say "no air purifier can prevent you from
getting a virus" so I'd save your money ...

https://molekule.com/technology#102555176-item-panel-0-0-0
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/05/2020 16:51, R D S wrote:
I've had air filters/purifiers in the past and got sick of the
constantly reducing airflow and expensive filters.

I was talking to a supplier some years ago who sold filterless purifiers
that apparently obliterated the dust into almost nothing.
But I never saw it through.

They've come back onto my radar because they claim to 'kill' viruses, so
i'm thinking of getting one for the opticians as part of our wide
ranging efforts to make people (at least feel as if they are) safer
while they are in.

Not a massive issue immediately as we are only allowing people in under
exceptional circumstances, but when we reopen with whatever is the new
normal, i'd like to feel and appear to be doing as much as possible.

So, any opinions/recommendations on PECO air purifiers?

Dyson, having failed to get into the ventilator business, are currently
enjoying much TV advertising spending on their air cleaning fan - so
that will sell. Get one of those, and high spending customers will judge
you as hip and upwardly trendy, and spluge likewise.

Hmmm.. Has someone created one with a UV-C source internally to kill
whatever? OTOH given that most household dust is a high concentration of
dead skin cells, chances are ye will need some fragrance to prevent the
place smelling like a crematorium ...

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) explained :
I do remember we had a clean air room at one place I worked and most of the
dust was removed by a surface at high voltage which was continuously swept
into some kind of receptacle, and the filters seemed to last a long time, but
then this was a very large room and we are talking three industrial sized
units here.

Leeds University had a high voltage / plenum system for their
refectory, back in the 1960's.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 7:46:10 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa) explained :
I do remember we had a clean air room at one place I worked and most of the
dust was removed by a surface at high voltage which was continuously swept
into some kind of receptacle, and the filters seemed to last a long time, but
then this was a very large room and we are talking three industrial sized
units here.

Leeds University had a high voltage / plenum system for their
refectory, back in the 1960's.

Leeds Uni Refectory? Ah, happy days ... some of the sweatiest, noisiest, most
enjoyable gigs of my life were experienced there, in the 80's. I confess I
didn't experience the air as being very pure at that time...

Jon N

Air Purifiers Don Home Repair 21 February 8th 06 07:18 PM
Air Purifiers m Ransley Home Repair 5 February 7th 06 02:45 PM
Ozone Air Purifiers Destroy Rubber? DA Home Ownership 5 October 5th 05 08:09 PM
new models of personal air purifiers Mebart Electronics Repair 60 June 6th 05 03:42 AM
Can someone look up "Air purifiers" on Consumer Reports for me? jamie Home Repair 20 November 6th 04 02:38 PM