Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default PCO / PECO air purifiers

On 16/05/2020 16:51, R D S wrote:
I've had air filters/purifiers in the past and got sick of the
constantly reducing airflow and expensive filters.

I was talking to a supplier some years ago who sold filterless purifiers
that apparently obliterated the dust into almost nothing.
But I never saw it through.

They've come back onto my radar because they claim to 'kill' viruses, so
i'm thinking of getting one for the opticians as part of our wide
ranging efforts to make people (at least feel as if they are) safer
while they are in.

Not a massive issue immediately as we are only allowing people in under
exceptional circumstances, but when we reopen with whatever is the new
normal, i'd like to feel and appear to be doing as much as possible.

So, any opinions/recommendations on PECO air purifiers?

Dyson, having failed to get into the ventilator business, are currently
enjoying much TV advertising spending on their air cleaning fan - so
that will sell. Get one of those, and high spending customers will judge
you as hip and upwardly trendy, and spluge likewise.

Hmmm.. Has someone created one with a UV-C source internally to kill
whatever? OTOH given that most household dust is a high concentration of
dead skin cells, chances are ye will need some fragrance to prevent the
place smelling like a crematorium ...

--
Adrian C