Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Default Air Purifiers

One of those regular Ionic Breeses puts out 50 ppm o3 hr. 50 ppm o3 is
the 8 hr exposure Epa limit, Although O3 dissapates from the filter, in
an enclosed room with no air circulation it wont., it will build up. Put
20 in a tight house you oxidise your lungs.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

m Ransley wrote:
One of those regular Ionic Breeses puts out 50 ppm o3 hr. 50 ppm o3 is
the 8 hr exposure Epa limit, Although O3 dissapates from the filter,
in an enclosed room with no air circulation it wont., it will build
up. Put 20 in a tight house you oxidise your lungs.

Yea, and today they advertise their great converter that "Converts Oł to
oxygen (Oł of course is oxygen) and they also mention smog, that is
converted to oxygen, but the part of smog that is converted is Oł. They
never say how much is converted, but I'll bet it is less than it adds for a
net gain.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

I saw that ad for the Ionic Breeze crap, I see the catalyst does not
cover the whole "clean air" exhaust, since air pressure is lower where
it is not going through the catalyst I wonder what is the % of "Clean"
air expelled through the catalyst. A quick look puts it at 50% coverage
but air going through may be only 5%, a 5% reduction of 50ppb o3 is not
much, it is still 45 ppb o3. Im glad Consumer Reports slammed Sharper
image and won the suit brought by Sharper image. I see little of their
untrue advertising any more. But many people potentialy harm them selves
still from o3 producing units.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 14:03:07 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

m Ransley wrote:
One of those regular Ionic Breeses puts out 50 ppm o3 hr. 50 ppm o3 is
the 8 hr exposure Epa limit, Although O3 dissapates from the filter,
in an enclosed room with no air circulation it wont., it will build
up. Put 20 in a tight house you oxidise your lungs.

Yea, and today they advertise their great converter that "Converts Oł to
oxygen (Oł of course is oxygen) and they also mention smog, that is
converted to oxygen, but the part of smog that is converted is Oł. They
never say how much is converted, but I'll bet it is less than it adds for a
net gain.

Sylvan Learninig Centers used to, iirc, imply they taught children the
material (math or history or something, I assumed) , but the current
commercials only say they teach them "confidence". A much more
modest claim, although still not something one could be sure of. I
don't know how long it takes, or how they plan to do it.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

mm wrote:
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 14:03:07 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Sylvan Learninig Centers used to, iirc, imply they taught children the
material (math or history or something, I assumed) , but the current
commercials only say they teach them "confidence". A much more
modest claim, although still not something one could be sure of. I
don't know how long it takes, or how they plan to do it.

The by mail art school has also changed their wording. They no longer
say that their "test" establishes what students have "talent" as they once
did, but now their test shows who has the "desire" to become an artist.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:17:56 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

mm wrote:
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 14:03:07 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

..

Sylvan Learninig Centers used to, iirc, imply they taught children the
material (math or history or something, I assumed) , but the current
commercials only say they teach them "confidence". A much more
modest claim, although still not something one could be sure of. I
don't know how long it takes, or how they plan to do it.

The by mail art school has also changed their wording. They no longer
say that their "test" establishes what students have "talent" as they once
did, but now their test shows who has the "desire" to become an artist.

That's good to know. I've been trying to copy that profile of the
girl on the matchbook for 30 years now. I should have sent it in when
their standards were lower. I waited so now I'm never going to have
talent, only desire.

Air Purifiers Don Home Repair 21 February 8th 06 07:18 PM
Ozone Air Purifiers Destroy Rubber? DA Home Ownership 5 October 5th 05 08:09 PM
new models of personal air purifiers Mebart Electronics Repair 60 June 6th 05 03:42 AM
Can someone look up "Air purifiers" on Consumer Reports for me? jamie Home Repair 20 November 6th 04 02:38 PM